Subject: PKXIX draft agenda

From: "Stefan Santesson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:22:55 +0100

All,

Here is the draft PKIX agenda for the 66th IETF.

Stefan Santesson

Senior Program Manager

Windows Security, Standards

---------------------------------------------

PKIX WG (pkix-wg)

http://ietf.org/html.charters/pkix-charter.html

MONDAY, July 10, 2006 1520-1720 (Room 519b)

===========================================

CHAIR: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>, Stefan Santesson
<[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

1. WG Status and Direction

1.1 Document Status Review (5 min.)

      Stefan Santesson (WG co-chair)

      Some WG documents are with the Ads, some are in RFC editors queue 

      and a few are still within the WG development process. (10 min.)

2. PKIX WG Specifications 

  2.1 Simple Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP) (10 min.)

      David Cooper (NIST)

        http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-scvp-25.txt

      This document is in AD evaluation state with some final issues
still under discussion

  2.2 3280bis (15 min.)

      David Cooper (NIST)

http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3280bis-03.txt

      A new draft 03 was recently posted and WG last call has been
initiated.

  2.3 Algorithm IDs for Elliptic Curve Cryptography in PKIX (10 min.)

     Daniel Brown (Certicom)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-pkalgs-02.txt

     Some issues concerning algorithm identifiers are yet to be
determined

  2.5 Subject Identification Method (SIM) [Agneda item not decided yet]
(5 min.)

      Tim Polk (NIST)

        http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sim-07.txt

      Past IETF last Call. A new draft is requested by IESG.

  2.6 Additional Algorithms and Identifiers for DSA and ECDSA (5 min.)

      Tim Polk (NIST)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-sha2-dsa-ecdsa-00.tx
t

     A new -00 draft has just been posted.

3. Related Specifications & Liaison Presentations

      Time allowing, liaison presentations will be accommodated to
ensure the

      PKIX WG is aware of related specifications currently progressing
as

      individual drafts.

  3.1 Including the AIA extension in attribute certificates (10 min)

      David Chadwick (University of Kent)

      A presentation about including the AIA extension in attribute
certificates, 

      and the requirement to find the superior AA of the AC issuer, as
well as the 

      signing certificate of the issuer of the AC

4. Joint PKIX/SIDR Meeting

   http://ietf.org/html.charters/sidr-charter.html

  4.1 Address Space & As Number PKI (60 min.)

      Stephen Kent (BBN)

     This presentation will review the current plans and status for
creating a PKI

     that reflects the allocation of resources through Regional Internet
Registries.

     The motivation for creation this PKI is to enable better security
for Internet

     routing (BGP).