Subject: draft-ietf-pkix-rfc3280bis-04.txt

From: "David A. Cooper" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:21:52 -0400

All,

On Friday, I submitted draft 4 of 3280bis for posting.  A diff file 
highlighting the changes between drafts 3 and 4 is available at 
http://csrc.nist.gov/pki/documents/PKIX/draft3280bis-03todraft3280bis-04_diff.html.

Draft 4 includes the following changes:

1. References to RFCs were updated as follows:
           RFC 2247 replaced with RFC 4519
           RFC 2253  replaced with RFC 4514
           RFC 2252 replaced with RFC 4512
           RFC 2255 replaced with RFC 4516
           RFC 2510 replaced with RFC 4210
           RFC 2587 replaced with RFC 4523
           draft-ietf-ldapbis-strprep-07.txt replaced with RFC  4518

2. All references to RFC 3279 now mention RFC 4055 and RFC 4491 as well. 
(All three RFCs are listed as informative references.)

3. Section 4.2.1.6 (subjectAltName):  Reference to section 7.5 clarified 
to note that the section addresses email addresses that contain 
internationalized domain names rather than internationalized email 
addresses.

4. Section 4.2.1.7 (issuerAltName): Text added to clarify that the 
issuerAltName extension is not processed during certification path 
validation (i.e., it is not used in name chaining and name constraints 
are not enforced).

5. Section 4.2.1.10 (nameConstraints):  Clarified that for DNS names, 
"host.example.com" is a match for the constraint "host.example.com".  
Also clarified that constraints of on the directoryName name form are 
not applied to the subject field if the subject contains an empty DN.

6. Section 7 (Processing Rules for Internationalized Names):  made 
changes based on comments from Kurt Zeilenga.

7. Numerous minor typographic and syntactic errors were corrected.

Dave