Subject: Free standards! Get your free standards here!

From: Hoyt L Kesterson II <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 19:51:02 -0700

A few years ago ITU began several trials of free distribution of its 
recommendations. In the most recent trial, anyone could get three 
free recommendations in PDF. The recommendations had to be at least 
two years old.

ITU considers that experiment a substantial success. It recently 
announced that the experimental phase is over. The announcement can 
be found at 
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/newslog/Free+Access+For+All+To+ITUT+Standards.aspx

One can now get any number of recommendations at no charge regardless 
of when the recommendations were published.

These are still copyrighted documents so one should probably not 
redistribute the actual standards. However, since they are online, 
one need only publish the appropriate URL.

Links to all recommendations can be found at 
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/publications/recs.html

Links to the X series, including the X.500 series, can be found at 
http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-X/e These are in English; links for 
versions in French and Spanish can be be found at the top right-hand 
corner of the page.

Links to the latest two editions of X.509, March 2000 and August 
2007, can be found at http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-X.509/en

Enjoy. I for one am grateful for the permanent adoption of this 
enlightened policy.

    hoyt

---

From: "Erik Andersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:46:14 +0100

Hi,

For your information, our X.500 site (http://www.x500standard.com/) has
direct links to all the latest X.500 documents. In addition you can find
information about the extension work.

Erik Andersen
Andersen's L-Service
Mobile: +45 20 97 14 90
e-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.x500standard.com/
http://home20.inet.tele.dk/era/me

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of Hoyt L Kesterson II
> Sent: 5. november 2007 03:51
> To: Recipient List Suppressed:
> Subject: Free standards! Get your free standards here!
> 
> 
> http://www.itu.int/ITU-
> T/newslog/Free+Access+For+All+To+ITUT+Standards.aspx
>