Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pkix-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:20:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public-Key Infrastructure (X.509) Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Trust Anchor Management Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : R. Reddy, C. Wallace
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pkix-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2007-12-20

A trust anchor represents an authoritative entity via a public key
and associated data.  The public key is used to verify digital
signatures and the associated data is used to constrain the types of
information for which the trust anchor is authoritative.  Relying
parties use trust anchors to determine if digitally signed objects
are valid by verifying digital signatures using the trust anchor's
public key and by enforcing the constraints expressed in the
associated data.  This document describes some of the problems
associated with the lack of a standard trust anchor management
mechanism as well as problems that must be addressed by such a
mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pkix-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-ta-mgmt-problem-statement-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.