Subject: New X.509 ASN modules

From: "Erik Andersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 17:06:44 +0100

Hi Folks,

I have produced new X.509 ASN.1 modules with the marked changes reflecting
the removal of upper bounds. It also includes the additions caused by the
"X.509 Enhancements to Support Recognition of Authority Between PMIs". The
modules may be loaded as a Word document by going to

http://www.x500standard.com/index.php?n=Extension.Ballots#pmi

Erik Andersen

Andersen's L-Service

Mobile: +45 20 97 14 90

e-mail: [email-masked]

http://www.x500standard.com/

http://home20.inet.tele.dk/era/me

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:22:26 -0500

At 5:06 PM +0100 12/7/07, Erik Andersen wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>I have produced new X.509 ASN.1 modules with the marked changes 
>reflecting the removal of upper bounds. It also includes the 
>additions caused by the "X.509 Enhancements to Support Recognition 
>of Authority Between PMIs". The modules may be loaded as a Word 
>document by going to
>
><http://www.x500standard.com/index.php?n=Extension.Ballots#pmi>http://www.x500standard.com/index.php?n=Extension.Ballots#pmi
>
>
>Erik Andersen
>Andersen's L-Service
>Mobile: +45 20 97 14 90
>e-mail: <mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]
><http://www.x500standard.com/>http://www.x500standard.com/
><http://home20.inet.tele.dk/era/me>http://home20.inet.tele.dk/era/me

Eric,

Thanks for your efforts, but the consensus of the PKIX WG meeting was 
to NOT adopt the new, unbounded string definitions for use in PKIX 
standards.  I anticipate the reply to the ITU-T liaison message will 
confirm this position.

Steve