Subject: PRQP - Updates

From: Massimiliano Pala <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:23:34 -0400

Hi all,

while proceeding in deploying a series of PRQP servers for multiple CAs we
realized that it could be useful to add a new optional field in the resource
identifier data structure (both for the request and the response). In
particular I think an OID that identifies the data that is pointed by the
URL could be interesting. An example of this would be asking for a particular
policy document from a CA: the OID of the specific policy could be copied from
the certificate into the PRQP request so that only the URL of the specific
policy is returned instead of the URLs of all the configured certPolicy
services.

Many other examples could be added here, I guess. What do you think ?

For the ASN.1 experts: shall I explicitly add references to the OIDs for
the know type of data in the RFC ? If so, is there a place with all the
available OIDs for the data structures ?

Ciao,
Max

-- 

Best Regards,

	Massimiliano Pala

--o------------------------------------------------------------------------
Massimiliano Pala [OpenCA Project Manager]  [email-masked]
                                                  [email-masked]

Dartmouth Computer Science Dept               Home Phone: +1 (603) 369-9332
PKI/Trust Laboratory                          Work Phone: +1 (603) 646-9179
--o------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us
who do.
							   -- Isaac Asimov