Subject: [pkix] NSTIC - Handed over to NIST

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 09:02:48 +0100

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20027800-281.html

David and Tim, what's cooking?  Anything PKIX-related?
I hope it's not the FBCA because this concept doesn't work in the 
private sector.

-- Anders

---

From: Mike Helm <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 17:48:06 -0800

> http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20027800-281.html

It's not NIST - a national program office will be (or is being)
set up inside the Department of Commerce to run what comes
next in NSTIC - details were not given.

NIST's director spoke & ran the panel after Gary Locke & 
Howard Schmidt spoke.  Director Gallagher was clear this
was a separate function from NIST itself.

(I was at SIEPR.)

Presumably the government types were also meeting with various
Silicon Valley parties of interest, some of whom were in the
room.

Thanks, ==mwh
Michael Helm
ESnet/LBNL