Subject: [pkix] New draft for consideration as a work item.

From: Patrick Patterson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:06:35 -0400

Hello all:

A new version of I-D, draft-patterson-pkix-attribute-signing-eku-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Patrick Patterson and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-patterson-pkix-attribute-signing-eku
Revision:	 00
Title:		 attributeSigning extendedKeyUsage value
Creation_date:	 2011-03-28
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 8

Abstract:
This document specifies a value for the extendedKeyUsage X.509
extension that may be used to create a certificate that would be used
to sign attribute assertions.  This allows the differentiation of
certificates used to identify a particular server (which would have a
serverAuth EKU), from the certificate used by that server to sign
attribute assertions, and would easily allow a policy to be developed
for issuance of such a certificate to an identity provider.

I would ask that the above be considered as a new work item for this group.

Thank you.

---
Patrick Patterson
Chief PKI Architect
Carillon Information Security Inc.
http://www.carillon.ca