Subject: [pkix] ForwardCertificationPath

From: "Erik Andersen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:11:02 +0200

Somewhere in clause 7 of X.509 we have the following ASN.1 with very little
explanatory text. Can anyone explain the following:

In addition, the following ASN.1 data type can be used to represent the
forward certification path. This component contains the certification path
which can point back to the originator.

ForwardCertificationPath  ::=  SEQUENCE OF CrossCertificates

CrossCertificates  ::=  SET OF Certificate

In particular, why is it  

Erik Andersen

Andersen's L-Service

Elsevej 48,

DK-3500 Vaerloese

Denmark

Mobile: +45 2097 1490

e-amail: [email-masked]

Skype: andersen-erik

http://www.x500.eu/

http://www.x500standard.com/

 <http://dk.linkedin.com/in/andersenerik>
http://dk.linkedin.com/in/andersenerik