Subject: [pkix] Wg adoption of draft-turner-pkix-cmc-serverkeygeneration-00?

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 10:52:38 -0500

Folks,

Sean posted this doc back in July. There was some discussion o the PKIX
list but not a lot. the doc proposes extensions to CMC to support key
pair generation by a server. TYhere has been recent discussion about this
general topic, so it appears to be of interest to at least some set of folks.

Unless I hear otherwise over the next two weeks, I plan to approve 
adoption of this as a WG doc.

Steve

---

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 18:49:15 +0100

> general topic, so it appears to be of interest to at least some set of folks.

I have no idea if CMC is interesting or not (CMP and SCEP seems to be
more popular) but the concept of generating keys on the server seems
like a better idea for encryption keys since it eliminates key
archiving from the client.

In my SKS/KeyGen2 scheme I originally had both key backup and key restore
but nowadays it only supports key restore which simplified the design and
possibly also reduces the attack space.

Anders

> _______________________________________________
> pkix mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pkix
>