Subject: [pkix] Kazakhtelecom JSC notifies on introduction of National Security Certificate from 1 January 2016

From: Jeffrey Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 19:38:24 -0500

http://telecom.kz/en/news/view/18729

>From 1 January 2016 pursuant to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan
«On communication» Committee on Communication, Informatization and
Information, Ministry for investments and development of the Republic
of Kazakhstan introduces the national security certificate for
Internet users.

According to the Law telecom operators are obliged to perform traffic
pass with using protocols, that support coding using security
certificate, except traffic, coded by means of cryptographic
information protection on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.

The national security certificate will secure protection of Kazakhstan
users when using coded access protocols to foreign Internet resources.

By words of Nurlan Meirmanov, Managing director on innovations of
Kazakhtelecom JSC, Internet users shall install national security
certificate, which will be available through Kazakhtelecom JSC
internet resources. «User shall enter the site www.telecom.kz and
install this certificate following step by step installation
instructions”- underlined N.Meirmanov.

Kazakhtelecom JSC pays special attention that installation of security
certificate can be performed from each device of a subscriber, from
which Internet access will be performed (mobile telephones and tabs on
base of iOS/Android, PC and notebooks on base of Windows/MacOS).

Detailed instructions for installation of security certificate will be
placed in December 2015 on site www.telecom.kz.

PR department
Kazakhtelecom JSC