Subject: [pkix] Jari Arkko's No Objection on draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge-05: (with COMMENT)

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 01:57:48 -0700

Jari Arkko has entered the following ballot position for
draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwyn's Gen-ART review brought up a downref issue which Stephen suggest
we handle as follows:

> 2985 is a normative reference in 5750 which is standards track
> so I think we can safely claim precedent and I can put 2985 in the
> downref registry if nobody objects.

Which I think is fine.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 08:59:30 +0000

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wallace-est-alt-challenge/

Thanks for the reminder, I've added a note-to-self to do that:-)

S.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:24:47 +0000

>> > downref registry if nobody objects.

I've added 2985 to the downref registry [1] now.

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/DownrefRegistry

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 19:32:36 +0200

Thanks.

Jari