Subject: [pkix] certspec 06 (draft-seantek-certspec-06.txt)

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 09:00:38 -0700

Hello PKIX mailing list:

I updated the certspec draft, after a long hiatus (last update mid-2014).

certspec is a string specification for certificates. It allows protocols 
and systems to identify a certificate in a textual form, and is designed 
with human usability in mind (specifically, copy-and-paste operations).

Previous versions of this draft tried to define certspec as a URN, and 
then as a series of URI schemes. Those approaches were not successful. 
This draft just calls it a string. You can look at the diffs 
(particularly the diff between 04 and 05) to see the differences.

Comments and feedback welcome.

Regards,

Sean

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-seantek-certspec-06.txt
Date: 	Wed, 08 Jun 2016 09:16:29 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-seantek-certspec-06.txt
has been successfully submitted by Sean Leonard and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-seantek-certspec
Revision:	06
Title:		String Specification for Certificates
Document date:	2016-06-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		27
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
                 draft-seantek-certspec-06.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-seantek-certspec/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seantek-certspec-06
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?
                 url2=draft-seantek-certspec-06

Abstract:
     Digital certificates are used in many systems and protocols to
     identify and authenticate parties.  This document describes a string
     format that identifies certificates, along with optional attributes.
     This string format has been engineered to work
     without re-encoding in a variety of protocol slots.