Subject: Policy holders - where are they placed in CIM?

From: Sagit Buchnik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:58:39 +0200

Hi,
Where among the CIM schemas are the entities (like firewalls and VPNs) that
hold the policies placed?  
Regards, 
Sagit Buchnik 
Software Engineer
NetGuard Ltd. 
Tel: 972 66 44 98 04 
E-Mail: [email-masked] 
Web Site: www.netguard.com 
__________________________________________________________ 
NetGuard. The Key to Productive Security. 
_________________________________________________________

---

From: "Lee Rafalow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:15:05 -0500

Sagit,

The CIM v2.5 schema is now available so take a look at the CIM_System
objects and the Policy model.  A System aggregates system components (e.g.,
PolicyRepository), hosts services (e.g., IKEService) and has associations
with policies (PolicyInSystem).  For our purposes a system is likely to be a
ComputerSystem or an AdminDomain.

http://www.dmtf.org/spec/cim_schema_v25.html which has links to:
http://www.dmtf.org/spec/cim_schema25/cim_core25.mof
http://www.dmtf.org/spec/cim_schema25/cim_system25.mof
http://www.dmtf.org/spec/cim_schema25/cim_policy25.mof

The IPsec model is included in the zip files but there's no link on the
cim_schema_v25.html page (hopefully it'll get fixed later today).

Lee