Subject: FW: The benefit of using CIM Application Model 2.5

From: Sagit Buchnik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:44:37 +0200

What can I benefit from using the CIM Application Model, 
for representing Elements like Firewalls and VPNs, which all I am interested
in is 
their Name, Version Number, Manufactorer and there is no relevance about
their inside structure of Features. 
Furthermore, I don't care about their Life cycle states and checks.
But I Plan on using the CIM policy Model. 
Thanks in advance,

Regards, 
Sagit Buchnik 
Software Engineer
NetGuard Ltd. 
Tel: 972 66 44 98 04 
E-Mail: [email-masked] 
Web Site: www.netguard.com 
__________________________________________________________ 
NetGuard. The Key to Productive Security. 
_________________________________________________________

---

From: "Lee Rafalow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:08:42 -0500

Sagit,

I'm not sure why you're looking to the application model to represent
elements of firewalls; the application model is currently a software
installation model.  Take a look at the CIM_Product class to see if it has
what you're looking for to represent the product information.  For VPN
policy, take a look at the IPsec model (CIM_Network25_Add) which is the DMTF
version of the work being done in the IPSP WG (the updated IETF doc is work
in progress).  It doesn't have everything needed to model a VPN, but it's a
start.  There had been talk about doing some work in the IETF to generalize
the model to be a domain-level model but it's out of scope for IPSP and no
one has taken the step to get a BOF started.

IHTH. Lee

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sagit Buchnik" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 7:44 AM
Subject: FW: The benefit of using CIM Application Model 2.5

> for representing Elements like Firewalls and VPNs, which all I am
> interested in is