Subject: Re: example of a Policy Core Inofrmation Model to XML mapping

From: Brian Sandberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:06:54 -0500

Why wasn't XML used for the policy model?

--------------------------
Brian Sandberg

-----Original Message-----
From: Bouarich, Reda <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri Feb 16 05:02:21 2001
Subject: example of a  Policy Core Inofrmation Model to XML mapping

Dear All,
I am trying to specify a certain policy (if a bandwidth overload occurs
between 9am and 6pm then limit the ftp transfert
to 100 kb/sec for example) using the DMTF Policy COre Information Model.
First I have to map my policy properties on the standardized policy classes
defined by the DMTF then I have to map this Information model to XML.
Can anyone tell me where can I find some kind of concrete examples
representing such mapping cause it is the first time I do that and it not
clear in my mind!!.
Thanks a lot.
Reda Bouarich.