Subject: example of a Policy Core Inofrmation Model to XML mapping

From: "Bouarich, Reda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:02:21 +0100

Dear All,
I am trying to specify a certain policy (if a bandwidth overload occurs
between 9am and 6pm then limit the ftp transfert
to 100 kb/sec for example) using the DMTF Policy COre Information Model.
First I have to map my policy properties on the standardized policy classes
defined by the DMTF then I have to map this Information model to XML.
Can anyone tell me where can I find some kind of concrete examples
representing such mapping cause it is the first time I do that and it not
clear in my mind!!.
Thanks a lot.
Reda Bouarich.

---

From: "Larry S. Bartz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:13:12 -0500

Reda,

Is your Policy data implemented in an LDAP-accessible repository?

If it is, you could retrieve the information as XML, via a DSML
facility, such as Castor or JNDI's DSML SPI. Once you have the
DSML, you might be only one or two XSL transformations away from
the particular XML format you desire.

Although it is not Policy-specific, this article is a good tutorial
on the use of DSML and XSL transformation:

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-11-2000/jw-1110-dsml_p.html

--
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
# Larry Bartz                           |                              |
#  [email-masked]      | Ooo, ooo,                    |
#                                       | Ooo, ooo, oooooo!            |
#                                       | I've got a gnu attitude!     |
#  voice (317) 226-7060                 |                              |
#  FAX   (317) 226-6378                 |                              |
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|

---

From: "Andrey Mishchenko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 19:34:57 +0300

Larry & Reda,

Why may one want to use XML to represent policies
if they are initially stored in the LDAP-based repository?
Is this useful to aggregate all policy-related information,
such as reusable condition variables and actions in the
single object?

Thanks,

Andrey Mishchenko
[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrea Westerinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:20:52 -0800

There is a DTD defined by the DMTF for mapping CIM into XML.  See
http://www.dmtf.org/spec/wbem.html and page down to Specifications.

Andrea

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Bouarich, Reda
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 2:02 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: example of a Policy Core Inofrmation Model to XML mapping

Dear All,