Subject: WG Last Call on draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-10.txt

From: Ed Ellesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:28:16 -0400

The latest revision of the Policy Framework LDAP Core Schema is in the I-D 
repository.  This revision reflects all known issues and comments.
This note commences a two week working group last call, intended to bring 
forth any last issues.  After such issues are resolved according to the 
working group consensus, we will be submitting this document to the IESG 
for approval as a proposed standard.

This last call ends  at CoB on Mon, April 30.

Thank you,
Joel M. Halpern
w/ Ed Ellesson

---

From: "Mircea Pana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:50:09 -0400

The policyCondition and policyAction are modeled as auxiliary object
classes. Therefore it seems to be valid to attach them without
specialization to entries of various structural classes. Should this be
allowed? For example: LDAP allows the attachment of a
policyConditionAuxClass class to a policyInstance entry without
attaching any of the policyConditionAuxClass subclasses.

IMO: If this is acceptable then a clarification should be added to PCLS
to describe the evaluation / execution semantics? If this is not
acceptable then additional constraints should be added as text or the
class types should be changed from AUXILIARY to ABSTRACT.

Regards,
Mircea.