Subject: [Policy] Policy 2002 Call for Papers

From: Morris Sloman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 09:38:23 +0100

(Please accept our apologies if you receive duplicates of this message)

                POLICY 2002 - 1st Call for Papers
	
          IEEE 3rd International Workshop on Policies
            for Distributed Systems and Networks

                       5-7 June, 2002

      Hosted by the Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, USA

              URL: http://www.policy-workshop.org/2002/

Contents

    1. Call for Papers       5. Paper Submission   9.  POLICY SIG Mailing
    2. Organising Committee  6. Dates                  List
    3. Program Committee     7. Special Event      10. SACMAT 2002
    4. Workshop Format       8. POLICY 2001 & 1999

1. Call for Papers

    Policy-based systems continue to be the subject of a wide range of
    activities in universities, standardization bodies and within
    industry.  They have a wide spectrum of applicability ranging from
    systems management, to quality of service adaptation, to security
    and enterprise modelling.  POLICY 2002 is the 3rd in a successful
    series of workshops, which since 1999 has brought together leading
    researchers and industry experts to discuss problems, solutions
    and experiences in developing policy-based systems. In order to
    encourage greater interaction with other communities, POLICY 2002
    will be co-located with SACMAT 2002 (3-4 June 2002) and attendees
    will have the opportunity to register for both conferences.

    POLICY 2002 invites contributions on all aspects of policy-based
    computing.  Papers must describe original work and must not have
    been accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. Submitted
    papers will be evaluated for technical contribution, originality,
    and significance.  Topics of interest include, but are not limited
    to the following:

    * processes, methodologies, and tools for discovering, specifying,
      reasoning about, and refining policy
    * abstractions and languages for policy specification
    * policy models for access-control, systems management, QoS
      adaptation, intrusion detection, privacy
    * policy based networking
    * policy frameworks for active networks, mobile systems, e-commerce
    * implementation models and techniques
    * integrating policies into existing systems and environments
    * provisioning of policies
    * business rules and organizational modelling
    * trust models and trust management
    * extensions and refinements to policy standards
    * case studies of applying policy-based technologies

2. Organising Committee

    General Chair
      J. Bret Michael      Naval Postgraduate School, USA
                           [email-masked]

    Local Arrangements Chair
      Joe Puett            Naval Postgraduate School, USA
                           [email-masked]

    Finance Chair
      Takeo Hamada         Fujitsu Labs of America, USA
                           [email-masked]

    Program Co-Chairs
      Jorge Lobo           Teltier Technologies, USA
                           [email-masked]

      Naranker Dulay       Imperial College, UK
                           [email-masked]

3. Program Committee

      Mark Bearden         Avaya Labs, USA
      Elisa Bertino        University of Milano, Italy
      Jeff Bradshaw        University of West Florida, USA
      Jan Chomicki         University at Buffalo, USA
      Frederic Cuppens     ONERA/DTIM, France
      Herve Debar          France Telecom, France
      Petre Dini           Concordia University & Cisco Systems, Canada
      Paulo Ferreira       INESC, Portugal
      Francisco Garcia     Agilent Laboratories, UK
      Virgil Gligor        University of Maryland, USA
      Peter Linington      University of Kent, UK
      Hanan Lutfiyya       University of Western Ontario, Canada
      Emil Lupu            Imperial College, UK
      Ian Marshall         BTexact Technologies, UK
      Zoran Milosevic      DSTC, Australia
      Naftaly Minksy       Rutgers University, USA
      Ken Moody            Cambridge University, UK
      Jonathan Moffett     University of York, UK
      Ravi Sandhu          George Mason University, USA
      Herve Schauer        HSC, France
      Edgar Sibley         George Mason University, USA
      Morris Sloman        Imperial College, UK
      John Strassner       IntelliDEN, USA
      Shel Sutton          MITRE, USA
      V.S. Subrahmanian    University of Maryland, USA
      Aad van Moorsel      HP Labs, USA
      Vijay Varadharajan   Macquarie University, Australia
      Dinesh Verma         IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, USA
      Andrea Westerinen    Cisco, USA

4. Workshop Format

    The workshop will include both refereed papers and invited
    presentations which will be published by IEEE Press. In line with
    past workshops there will be substantial time allocated for
    discussions as well as panel sessions.

5. Paper Submission

    Submitted papers must describe original work and must not have been
    accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. Submitted papers
    will be evaluated for technical contribution, originality, and
    significance. Accepted papers will be included in the Workshop
    Proceedings and published by IEEE CS Press. Submitted papers should
    adhere to the IEEE format and not exceed 12 pages (see
    http://www.computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm for details of IEEE's
    format). Papers will be reviewed by at least 3 international experts
    and reviewers comments returned to authors after refereeing.
    Authors are requested to submit papers in electronic PDF or
    Postscript format. Details of submission procedures to follow.

6. Dates

    Paper Submission by       7 December 2001
    Notification to Authors   5 February 2002
    Camera Ready by           5 March 2002
    Workshop                  5-7 June 2002

7. Special Event

    The workshop dinner will be held at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
    During that evening there will be a fish-feeding show at the Kelp
    Forest Exhibit.  Workshop attendees will have access to the entire
    Aquarium for approximately two and a half hours.

8. POLICY 2001 & POLICY 1999

    Two very successful workshops have been held:

    POLICY 2001 at http://www-dse.doc.ic.ac.uk/events/policy-2001/

      The Proceedings of POLICY 2001 are published in:

      Policies for Distributed Systems and Networks (POLICY 2001),
      Edited by M. Sloman, J. Lobo, and E. Lupu, Lecture Notes in
      Computer Science.  Volume 1995. Springer Verlag, ISBN 3-540-41610-2

    POLICY 1999 at http://www-dse.doc.ic.ac.uk/events/policy-99/

      Papers and presentations from POLICY 1999 can be downloaded from:

      http://www-dse.doc.ic.ac.uk/events/policy-99/program.html

9. POLICY SIG Mailing List

    Subscribe to the POLICY SIG mailing list at:

      http://www2.doc.ic.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo.cgi/policy-sig

10. SACMAT 2002

    POLICY 2002 will be co-located with SACMAT 2002 (The 7th ACM
    Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies). SACMAT 2002
    will be held on June 3-4, POLICY 2002 will follow on June 5-7. It
    is expected that attendees of both events will receive a discount.

    See http://www.acm.org/sigsac/sacmat2002.html for further details
    on SACMAT 2002

______________________________________________________

Professor Morris Sloman
Imperial College of Science Technology and Medicine
Department of Computing
180 Queen's Gate
London SW7 2BZ, U.K.
Phone: +44 20 7594 8279    Fax: +44 20 7594 8282
Email: [email-masked]
WWW: http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mss

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy