Subject: [Policy] (no subject)

From: "Yoram Snir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:54:29 +0200

Policy WG members
The QPIM-04 draft is available from the IETF repository
[http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-qos-info-model-04.
txt].

The draft includes clarifications and fixes to all the comments received
from the working group. The draft also includes minor changes to be
compatible with the latest PCIMe draft.
Following are the changes and clarifications from QPIM-03 to QPIM-04:
1.	Required updates as a result from the latest changes in PCIMe (v6).
2.	Clarification on the relationships between PCIMe and QPIM in regard with
Policy Roles. QPIM does not add to PCIMe resources tagging, using roles. It
only provides and example of usage.
3.	Clarifications on what QPIM covers in relation with PCIM, PCIMe and other
Policy drafts.
4.	Rule hierarchy was explained in order to answer the WG comments and
concerns.
5.	Clarifications were added regarding the use of the SimplePolicyCondition
and theSimplePolicyAction classes.
6.	The relationships between "high level" policy information models like
PCIM & QPIM and "low level" information models like QDDIM and PIB were
explained.
7.	Usage of CIM, PCIMe and QPIM as an information model for QoS policy was
explained.
8.	Clarification and rewriting of the QoS policy action sections including
examples of usage.
9.	Threshold hierarchy example added to the action section.
10.	Fixes of typos in the inheritance class hierarchy.
11.	PCIMe execution strategies used in examples were explicitly defined. It
was not done so in previous versions since this issue was still debated at
that time, in the context of PCIMe.
12.	The relationship between a zero excess burst size and the three action
associations was clarified.
13.	Clarifying text was added to the section about the admission decision of
RSVP flows.
14.	Associations' cardinality cleanup as well as other typos in class
definitions fixed.
15.	Alignment with PCIMe values/variables
16.   Alignment with PCIMe value types
17.   Cosmetic changes including terminology, editing and spelling mistakes.

Summary: There are no known outstanding issues. We propose to move the draft
to 'last call'.

Yoram et al.

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy