Subject: [Policy] managed element definition [sic]

From: "Da Silva, Pedro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:37:03 -0000

I can't seem to find a definition for the term 'managed element'. Most docs
mention 'e.g. interface' but I would imagine that a managed element is not
restricted to being something physical and specially not restricted to an
interface.
Can it be a logical element such as 'interface and direction' or a broader
physical/logical entity?

thanks,
Pedro

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy

---

From: "Andrea Westerinen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:31:41 -0800

Pedro, If you look at the Policy Terminology draft
(http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-policy-terminology-04.txt
), it uses the term, "managed element", in several places.  It is always
used in the generic context of an element that is managed (such as an
interface, network device or service/functionality).  This is in line with
Bob's reply.

Andrea

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Da Silva, Pedro
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 5:37 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Policy] managed element definition [sic]

thanks,
Pedro