Subject: [Policy] Supporting hierarchical classifiers in QDDIM

From: "Weiss, Walter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:33:15 -0500

Folks,

In Salt Lake City Andrea and I were asked to determine the necessary changes
to support hierarchical classifiers. The purpose of this change is to
support arbitrary groupings of classifiers. The immediate value of this
change is at the edges of the network to provide different users with
different combinations of pre-defined policies.

Andrea and I have both agreed that the only change required in the model is
to modify the cardinality of ClassifierElementUsesFilterList from 1-* to
0/1-* such that it is possible to have a ClassifierElement to not point to a
FilterList at all. With this change, a ClassiferElement can just points only
to a Classifier allowing hierarchical classification.

If anyone has a concern with this change please raise it on the list right
away since we are in the process of updating the QDDIM doc before the
deadline.

regards,

-Walter

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy