Subject: [Policy] PCIMe-07 submitted

From: "Robert Moore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:33:06 -0500

I have just submitted an -07 version of PCIMe to the Internet-Drafts
repository.  This update reflects a number of changes in the representation
of packet headers for filtering.  None of the changes is major, all have
been discussed on the list, and all appear to have WG consensus.  Briefly,
here's what changed:

With respect to IpHeadersFilter:

 - In response to a request from IPSP, the capability to filter on source
and destination address ranges was added.
 - As a minor optimization, the ability to specify a set of DSCPs in a
filter, rather than just a single DSCP, was added.

With respect to filters expressed as variables and values:

 - Range constraints were added, and expressed consistently, for all
variables corrsponding to header fields.
 - The PolicySNAPVariable class was split into two classes,
PolicySNAPOUIVariable and PolicySNPATypeVariable, and its usage was
clarified.

I believe that with these updates, PCIMe is ready to move forward to the
IESG.

Regards,
Bob

Bob Moore
Advanced Design and Technology
Application Integration Middleware Division
IBM Software Group
+1-919-254-4436
[email-masked]