Subject: RE: Wassup? Re: [Policy] Policy LDAP Schema

From: David McTavish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:18:54 -0400

Once again, I'm going to ask:
What is going on here? It seems like the founders of this project have
either
a) taken the summer off
b) moved on to other, more interesting standards

If this is the case, would anyone be interested in allowing fresh blood into
this group to get the car back on the track? Otherwise, what other options
are available to people who are trying to implement PCIM, and/or extend its
functionality? And those who are waiting for acceptance from IETF before
implementing?

Any response at all would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
David McTavish

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry S. Bartz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 2:14 PM
To: Ed Ellesson
Cc: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]
Subject: Wassup? Re: [Policy] Policy LDAP Schema

Ed Ellesson wrote, On 07/16/2002 10:00 PM:
[snip]

>
>Our schedule calls for posting a new version of the draft by the end of
>July, and then we plan to resubmit that to the IESG for consideration for
>advancement to proposed standard.  Bob Moore and I will be doing the
>editing.  
>

What's the latest?

-- 
--
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
# Larry Bartz                           |                              |
#  [email-masked]     | Ooo, ooo,                    |
#                                       | Ooo, ooo, oooooo!            |
#                                       | I've got a gnu attitude!     |
#  voice (317) 226-7060                 |                              |
#  FAX   (317) 226-6378                 |                              |
#::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy

---

From: Ed Ellesson <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Aug 2002 15:04:41 -0400

David, 

Sorry for the delay. I have the editing token, and need to consult with
the other authors once I am done with my part.  I should have that done
by the end of this week.  

Regarding the progress in the working group, we need to have this PCLS
mapping of the basic model done before we can extend it in any way,
either to be more flexible or to apply it to technical domain-specific
applications.  

Once we have the PCLS moving forward for approval by the IESG, let's
talk about how to get the rest of the deliverables done that are on the
working group's plate.  New blood is certainly worth considering, in my
opinion.    

Ed Ellesson
[email-masked]  (please note new email address)