Subject: [Policy] Working Group Status

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:34:42 -0500

At the current time, we have several documents under consideration before 
the IESG.  We have one document on our charter that we have not begun (LDAP 
Mapping for the QoS Policy Information Model, aka QPLS for QPIM).  We could 
/ should also do an LDAP mapping for the policy core extensions.

Before asking for working group concurrence on undertaking one or both of 
these LDAP mapping documents, there is a critical step.  We need to 
determine if we have enough folks to actually do these documents.  Based on 
experience, we need several folks to form a writing team.  Preferably, at 
least one of these folks should have some previous experience building LDAP 
schemas.

So, the point of this email is to find folks who are willing to take an 
active part in producing such documents (if the working group decides it 
wants to produce them, and the ADs and IESG concur that we should).  If you 
would be willing to work on a writing team to produce either of these 
documents, please send email, preferably to the working group, but 
alternatively to me and Ed.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy

---

From: Marcus Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:50:25 +0100

Sorry, forgot to send it to the list.
--------------------------------------

Joel, Ed,

Angelica and myself have already started to work on this some time ago, we 
basically stop because we felt that the model needs to go through first. So 
we are able to submit a first draft very soon (it is basically ready, needs 
another pass). But we appriciate any help we can get from LDAP specalists, 
we only have some implementation expierence (have a LDAP implementation for 
PCLS).

Marcus

--On Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2002 23:34 -0500 "Joel M. Halpern" 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> the IESG.  We have one document on our charter that we have not begun
> (LDAP Mapping for the QoS Policy Information Model, aka QPLS for QPIM).
> We could / should also do an LDAP mapping for the policy core extensions.
>
> determine if we have enough folks to actually do these documents.  Based
> on experience, we need several folks to form a writing team.  Preferably,
> at least one of these folks should have some previous experience building
> LDAP schemas.
>
> wants to produce them, and the ADs and IESG concur that we should).  If
> you would be willing to work on a writing team to produce either of these

--------------------------------------
Dr. Marcus Brunner
Network Laboratories
NEC Europe Ltd.

E-Mail: [email-masked]
WWW:    http://www.ccrle.nec.de/
Phone: +49 (0) 6221 905 11 29
personal home page: http://www.brubers.org/marcus