Subject: [Policy] Policy 2003: Call for Participation

From: Hanan Lutfiyya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 22:52:10 GMT

(Please accept our apologies if you receive duplicates of this message)

               POLICY 2003 - Call for Participation

             IEEE 4th International Workshop on Policies
                for Distributed Systems and Networks

                         4-6 June, 2003

                         Lake Como, Italy

                URL: http://www.labs.agilent.com/policy2003/

Policy-based systems continue to be the subject of a wide range of activities 
in universities, standardization bodies and within industry. They have a wide 
spectrum of applicability ranging from systems management, to quality of 
service adaptation, to security and enterprise modeling. POLICY 2003 is the 
fourth in a successful series of workshops, which since 1999, has brought 
together leading researchers and industry experts to discuss problems, 
solutions and experiences in developing policy-based systems. Last year, 
we co-located POLICY 2002 with SACMAT 2002 in order to encourage greater 
interaction with other communities. This turned out to be a resounding success 
and both communities agreed to do the same in 2003. Thus, once again, 
attendees will have the opportunity to register for both conferences.

Registration Information
------------------------

Registration deadlines are:

Advanced Registration: 14 May 2003

Further information on the workshop and registration forms can be found at:

     http://www.labs.agilent.com/policy2003/

Preliminary Workshop Programme
------------------------------

Wednesday 4th June 2003

08:30 - 09:15 Sign-in and Coffee

09:15 - 09:30 Welcome, Hanan Lutfiyya, Workshop Chair

09:30 - 10:30 Keynote, Andrea Westerinen 

10:30 - 11:00 Coffee

11:00 - 12:30 Specification and Analysis

Chisel: A Policy-Driven, Context-Aware, Dynamic Adaptation Framework
     John Keeney, Vinny Cahill

Using UML and Maude for Writting and Reasoning about ODP Policies
     Francisco Duran, Javier Herrador, Antonio Vallecillo

Using Event Calculus to Formalise Policy Specification and Analysis
     Arosha Bandara, Emil Lupu, Alessandra Russo

12:30 - 13:45 Lunch

13:45 - 15:15 Networks and Mobile Systems

Prediction-Based Policy Adaptation for QoS Management in Wireless Networks 
    Nancy Samaan, Ahmed Karmouch

PECAN: Policy-Enabled Configuration Across Networks 
   Ritu Chadha, Yuu-Heng Cheng, Narayanan Natarajan, Alex Povlisher, 
   Shrirang Gadgil, Abdelhakin Hafid

A Policy Language for Pervasive Systems 
    Lalana Kagal, Tim Finin

15:15 - 15:45 Coffee

15:45 - 17:15 Short Papers 1 

Analysis of Integrity Policies using Soft Constraints 
    Stefano Bistarelli, Simon N Foley

Trust-X: an XML Framework for Trust Negotiations 
     Elisa Bertino, Elena Ferrari, Anna Cinzia Squicciarini

Policy-based Information Management for the Joint BattleSpace Infosphere 
     R. Cherinka, C. Wild, D. Allen, C. Smith, Y. Zhang, R. Panek 

Toolkit-Based Approach to Supporting Storage Policy Templates
     Murthy Devarakonda, Alla Segal, David Chess 

KAoS Policy and Domain Services: Toward a Description-Logic Approach to Policy Representation, Deconfliction and Enforcement: 
      A. Uszok et. al. 

17:30 - 18:30 Birds of a Feather Sessions (Parallel)

TBA

Thursday 5th June 2003

09:30 - 10:30 Invited Talk: Ronald G. Ross 

10:30 - 11:00 Coffee

11:00 - 12:30 Access Control

Policy Contexts: Controlling Information Flow in Parameterised  RBAC 
   Andras Belokosztolszki, David M. Eyers, Ken Moody 

Towards Automated Negotiation of Access Control Policies 
    Vijay G. Bharadwaj, John S. Baras 

Organization based access control 
    Cuppens, Balbiani, El Baida, Benferhat, Deswartes, Saurel, etc 

12:30 - 13:45 Lunch

13:45 - 15:15 Security and Privacy 

Translating Privacy Practices into Privacy Promises --- How to promise what you can keep: 
     Ganter Karjoth,, Matthias Schunter, Els Van Herreweghen 

Spatial Policies for Sentient Mobile Applications 
     David Scott, Alan Mycroft, Alastair Beresford 

Analyzing Security-Enhanced Linux Policy Specifications 
     Myla Archer, Elizabeth Leonard, Matteo Pradella 

15:15 - 15:45 Policy Management in the Large 

Towards Explicit Policy Management in Virtual Organizations: 
     Glenn Wasson, Marty Humphrey 

Towards Federated Policy Management 
     Richard Hull, Bharat Kumar, Daniel Lieuwen 

16:30 - 22:30 Social Event

Friday 6th June 2003

9:00 - 10:30 Panel 

Title: TBA

10:30 - 11:00 Coffee

11:00 - 12:30 Applications 

Policy Based Electronic Transmission of Prescriptions 
   David Chadwick, Darren Mundy 

Using Policies in the Checking of Business to Business Contracts 
   Peter F. Linington, Stephen Neal 

Component Software and Policy-Driven Licensing Model 
   Qian Zhao, Yu Zhou, Mark Perry 

12:30 - 13:45 Lunch

13:45 - 15:15 Short Papers 2

Enforcing History-Based Security Policies in Mobile Agent Systems
   Pedro Dias, Carlos Ribeiro, Paulo Ferreira 

A Policy Based Approach for Automated Topology Management of Peer To Peer Networks and a Prototype Implementation 
   Alessandro Amoroso, Antonio Di Ferdinando, Paul Mckee 

Inter-Domains policy negociation 
  Fransois Barrere, Abdelmalek Benzekri, Frederic Grasset, Romain Laborde, 
  Bassem Nasser 

A PBNM System for Integrated QoS and Multicast Management 
   Lisandro Zambenedetti Granville, Leandro Vaguetti, 
   Maria Janilce Bosquiroli Almeida, Liane Margarida Rockenbach Tarouco 

Enforcement of Communication Policies in Software Agent Systems through Mobile 
Code 
   Niranjan Suri, Marco Carvalho, Jeffrey M. Bradshaw, Maggie R. Breedy, 
   Thomas B. Cowin, Paul T. Groth 
_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy