Subject: RE: [Policy] draft-reyes-policy-core-ext-schema-01.txt

From: "Pana, Mircea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:54:52 -0400

Kurt,

Thank you for the clarification. The intent was to indicate (& emphasize)
the fact that items of the previously defined schema are no longer used.
Alternate schema items are provided by the
draft-reyes-policy-core-ext-schema specification.

Is there a formal mechanism that specifications can use to indicate the
deprecation of LDAP schema items?

Thanks,
Mircea.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt D. Zeilenga [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 8:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Policy] draft-reyes-policy-core-ext-schema-01.txt

In regards to the use of OBSOLETE keyword, please note that
this is NOT a mechanism for specifications to indicate that
a particular schema item is deprecated, but a mechanism for
directory administrators to mark schema as inactive in the
subschema.  See draft-ietf-ldapbis-models (or X.501(93)).

Kurt

_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy
_______________________________________________
Policy mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/policy