Subject: CCP negotiations.

From: "Ian Moy." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:12:12 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Does anyone know if a win95 box can negotiate to use MPPE without
negotiating to use MPPC?

Also could a win95 box be setup to use STAC with MPPE?

What about NT, can that use MPPE without MPPC?

Any information on how to do this, if possible, would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

---

From: Archie Cobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:28:53 -0700 (PDT)

> Does anyone know if a win95 box can negotiate to use MPPE without

Yes, it can.

> Also could a win95 box be setup to use STAC with MPPE?

Not sure.. try it!

> What about NT, can that use MPPE without MPPC?

Yes NT can too.

> Any information on how to do this, if possible, would also be appreciated.

You have to have your server NAK the CCP config-request in such
a way that it turns off the compression bits.

See also ftp://ftp.whistle.com/pub/archie/mpd/mpd-2.0b2.tar.gz 
for an example of how to do this (sorry, it doesn't contain the
actual encryption or compression code of course due to their
patent/proprietary nature.. )

-Archie

___________________________________________________________________________
Archie Cobbs   *   Whistle Communications, Inc.  *   http://www.whistle.com