Subject: about L2TP stack of protocols

From: RABARISON Dina CNET/DTD/LAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:18:50 +0200

Hi, 

My question concerns the RFC 2661 (L2TP), more especially, figure 3.0, L2TP
Protocol Structure. 

What does this figure exactly represent ? Is it the stack of protocols of
L2TP ?
So, how to understand that UDP packet transport is in the same level as ATM,
... 

Is it that we've got in one case  .../PPP/L2TP/(ATM or FR) and in other case
.../PPP/L2TP/UDP/IP/... ?

Thanks in advance, 
Best Regards

		Dina

---

From: Klausberger Walter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:26:27 +0200

Hi Dina,

L2TP can be used over UDP/IP or FR or ATM. I think that's what figure 3.0
refers to. UDP/IP itself can again be transported over ATM or FR or ....
This figure only shows that Control Messages are handled different to Data
Messages inside the L2TP stack.

Hope that covers your question.

with best regards
Walter

> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: RABARISON Dina CNET/DTD/LAN
> [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Gesendet am: Dienstag, 07. September 1999 18:19
> An: [email-masked]
> Betreff: about L2TP stack of protocols
> 
> Hi, 
>