Subject: PPP towards router

From: "N.Suresh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 12:33:32 +0530

Hi ,
        we are planning to use PPP over E1 interface towards the
router.....

       will RFC 1812  (Requirements for IP v4 Routers) alright for
starting with the requirements capturing....

      bye
      regards

--
-----------------***************************************----------------
                                N.SURESH
                            Research Engineer,
                  Centre For Development of Telematics,
                           71/1,Sneha Complex,
                            Bangalore-560052
-----------------***************************************----------------

---

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 07:51:23 -0400 (EDT)

>         we are planning to use PPP over E1 interface towards the

OK, that part sounds reasonable.

> starting with the requirements capturing....

I think you have sent your message to the wrong mailing list.  The PPP
Extensions working group doesn't set or maintain router requirements.

(RFC 1812 is a fair place to start, but there's an awful lot of
unwritten information that's needed to build a working router.  I'd
recommend hiring a consultant instead of fishing through RFCs.)

-- 
James Carlson, Internet Engineering       <[email-masked]>
SUN Microsystems / 1 Network Drive         71.234W   Vox +1 781 442 2084
MS UBUR02-212 / Burlington MA 01803-2757   42.497N   Fax +1 781 442 1677
Second Edition now available - http://people.ne.mediaone.net/carlson/ppp