Subject: question on multilink ppp mibs

From: "Prakash Easwar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 11:39:46 -0400

hi all,

RFC 1990 doesnot specify the relationship of the multilink ppp module
with
MIB II ifTable. Do we need to add an entry/s in the ifTable for
multilink.

Also I was not able to find any mibs associated with multilink ppp. Are
there any mibs defined, standard or otherwise, to manage the multilink
ppp layer. Should we be using
the existing ppp mibs do manage the multilink ppp layer.

thanks in advance
prakash

---

From: Michael MacFaden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:27:16 -0700

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 11:39:46AM -0400, Prakash Easwar wrote:
>with MIB II ifTable. Do we need to add an entry/s in the ifTable for
>multilink.

I chose the following approach...
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0102/ppt/mibs/sld070.htm

>ppp layer. Should we be using the existing ppp mibs do manage the multilink ppp layer.

You might be able to find something at http://www.mibcentral.com

Other than performance stats, we chose to just use cli for config settings:

rs(config)# ppp set ? 
 mlp-encaps-format        - Set MLP encapsulation format(Default: long format)
 mlp-frag-size            - Set size of the mlp frames under which no 
                            fragmentation is needed(Default: 1500 Bytes)
 mlp-fragq-depth          - Set the depth of mlp fragment q(default is 1000).  
 mlp-orderq-depth         - Set the depth of mlp order q(default is 1001).

Regards,
Mike MacFaden