Subject: EAP SIM version 4

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:48:51 +0300

Hi all,

I just submitted version 4 of the EAP SIM draft to the IETF
directories. A preview is available at the following URL:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~haverinh/draft-haverinen-pppext-eap-sim-04.txt

Changes to version 03:
- all comments I have received since February are addressed.
  Most significantly the draft now uses 128-bit MAC codes (AT_MAC and
  AT_MAC_SRES) and integrity keys (K_int), and there is a new PRF based on 
  NIST FIPS Publication 186
- zero configuration support

If you have an implementation, we'd be very happy to test interoperability
with the Nokia implementation. Please contact me so we can arrange
the testing. To facilitate interoperable implementations, I'm going to avoid
making incompatible updates to the version 04.

Regards,
Henry

PS. Jari and I are also working on the version 04 of the EAP AKA draft,
which will be shortly available too.