Subject: [Pppext] PPP- CHAP authentication configuration between Cisco and non-Cisco device

From: "SANTOSH H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 16:20:01 +0530

Hi

I want to know the PPP- CHAP  authentication configuration commands  on
Cisco (3640 ) router side, which is connected to non-Cisco device through
V.35 serial interface.

My set-up is  as below :

Cisco(3640 )<------------------V.35(PPP)------------------>non-Cisco device

IOS version of the  Cisco  router  is : 12.0

I want to configure PPP- CHAP authentication protocol between these two
devices.

Could you please provide me set the  of commands for configuration on  Cisco
router side, so that i can bring-up the PPP link using CHAP authentication.

Please let me know if you need any set-up over the same.

regards,

Santosh
_______________________________________________
Pppext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pppext

---

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 06:59:56 -0500

> Cisco (3640 ) router side, which is connected to non-Cisco device through

This isn't the right mailing list for questions about particular
implementations.  Instead, it's an IETF mailing list devoted to the
Point-to-Point Protocol itself, and extensions of that protocol.

Perhaps this site (the first google hit I got) will help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b4131.shtml

-- 
James Carlson, Solaris Networking              <[email-masked]>
Sun Microsystems / 1 Network Drive         71.232W   Vox +1 781 442 2084
MS UBUR02-212 / Burlington MA 01803-2757   42.496N   Fax +1 781 442 1677