Subject: [Pppext] transmitting Ethernet frames on PPP

From: "Rajani A" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:26:19 +0530

Hi all,

       I want to transmit Ethernet frames on PPP interface link.
       Two linux PC's are connected by PPP interface.Then i want to transmit
Etherent packets on this interface between two nodes.
       I searched for , but i got PPPoE , means PPP frames on Etherent.
       Can any one help me in this , to get details of how to transmit
Ethernet frames on PPP link.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajani.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.

Contact your Administrator for further information.
_______________________________________________
Pppext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pppext

---

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:32:47 -0400

Both "Rajani A" <[email-masked]> and "rajani rajani"
<[email-masked]> each wrote:

>        Two linux PC's are connected by PPP interface.Then i want to 
> transmit Etherent packets on this interface between two nodes.
If the Linux machines are connected with a PPP link, then you don't need
an Ethernet link.  Ethernet and PPP are both link-layer protocols.  That's
orthogonal and counter-productive.

(A reason some of us consider PPPOE to be an abomination.)

You probably just want to add a routing table entry, and then each will
happily route IP packets between the systems....