Subject: [Pppext] new drafts posted for IPv6CP extensions

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:31:29 -0400

Two new drafts were posted for IPv6CP extensions.  The announcements are
attached.  You can see diffs from the previous version by looking here:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-01
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-extensions-01

-- 
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <[email-masked]>

Subject: I-D Action:draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-extensions-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:00:04 -0700
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PPP IPv6 Control Protocol Extensions
	Author(s)       : J. Hu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-extensions-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2011-03-14

The IPv6 Control Protocol (IPv6CP) is one of Network Control
Protocols(NCPs) that are defined by the Point-to-Point Protocol(PPP)
for establishing and configuring different network protocols.

This document extends the IPv6CP for negotiating and configuring IPv6
network parameters over PPP links, including IPv6 address, IPv6
prefix, primary and alternative DNS server addresses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-extensions-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Subject: I-D Action:draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-01.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:00:04 -0700
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : PPPv6 Problem statement and requirements
	Author(s)       : J. Hu, et al.
	Filename        : draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-01.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-03-14

As in IPv4 network, PPP (PPPoE) will still be an important mechanism
to provide access services to broadband subscribers of IPv6 or dual-
stack.  This document describes problems the ISPs faced when
deploying IPv6 in broadband access network over PPP, particularly,
the capabilities lacked in IPv6CP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-pppext-ipv6cp-requirements-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:13:22 -0700

A related draft was also posted to the RADEXT list:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-radext-ipv6-access-04

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
James Carlson
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 2:31 PM
To: PPP Extensions
Subject: [Pppext] new drafts posted for IPv6CP extensions