Subject: [Pppext] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-fleischhauer-ipv4-addr-saving-00.txt]

From: James Carlson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 10:30:33 -0500

I see nothing particularly new here -- just a rehash of the existing
ability to negotiate NCPs when and where desired -- but since it
describes PPP mechanisms directly, I'm forwarding it along to the list.

-- 
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <[email-masked]>

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fleischhauer-ipv4-addr-saving-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 18:00:04 -0800
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

    Title         : On demand IPv4 address provisioning in Dual-Stack PPP deployment scenarios
    Author(s)     : O. Bonness, et al
    Filename      : draft-fleischhauer-ipv4-addr-saving-00.txt
    Pages         : 10
    Date          : 2011-03-07
    
Today the Dual-Stack approach is the most straightforward and most
   common way for introducing IPv6 into existing systems and networks.
   However a typical drawback of implementing Dual-Stack is that each
   node will still require at least one IPv4 address.  Hence, solely
   deploying Dual-Stack does not provide a sufficient solution to the
   IPv4 address exhaustion problem.  Assuming a situation where most of
   the IP communication (e.g. always-on, VoIP etc.) can be provided via
   IPv6, the usage of IPv4 addresses can significantly be reduced and
   the unused IPv4 addresses can under certain circumstances be returned
   to the IPv4 address pool of the service provider.  New Dual-Stack
   enabled services can be introduced without increasing the IPv4
   address demand, when IPv6 will be the preferred network layer
   protocol.  This document describes such a solution in a Dual-Stack
   PPP session network scenario and explains the protocol mechanisms
   which are used.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fleischhauer-ipv4-addr-saving-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt