Subject: [ppsp] new Internet Draft about Pro-incentive Parameters exchange

From: "Wenjun (Kevin) Zeng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 16:04:15 -0500

Dear all, 

I have submitted a new Internet draft entitled "P2P Streaming Protocol Pro-incentive Parameters". The abstract is appended below. We believe common protocol parameters exchanged between tracker and peer and between peers that can be used to support incentive mechanisms is important.

It can be accessed at: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zeng-ppsp-protocol-pro-incentive-para-00  
Comments are very welcome. 

Thanks and best.

-Kevin

Wenjun (Kevin) Zeng

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 10:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-zeng-ppsp-protocol-pro-incentive-para-00

A new version of I-D, draft-zeng-ppsp-protocol-pro-incentive-para-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Wenjun Zeng and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-zeng-ppsp-protocol-pro-incentive-para
Revision:	 00
Title:		 P2P Streaming Protocol Pro-incentive Parameters
Creation_date:	 2010-06-29
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 9

Abstract:
This document analyzes the common parameters that are essential for
deriving incentive mechanisms to promote peer cooperation and system
robustness in a P2P system, and proposes to incorporate these pro-
incentive parameters in information exchanges in the P2P streaming
protocols to be specified, e.g., in the tracker protocol proposed in
[draft-gu-ppsp-tracker-protocol], and in the future in the peer
protocol to be specified.

The IETF Secretariat.

---

From: "Y. R. Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 00:05:05 -0400

Dear Kevin,

It is interesting to read the draft. Let me add two more pointers on 
focusing, in particular, on integrating incentive with P2P streaming:

+ (self advertising): Contracts: Practical Contribution Incentives for 
P2P Live Streaming by M. Piatek, A. Krishnamurthy, A. Venkataramani, R. 
Yang, D. Zhang, and Alexander Jaffe. In Proceedings of NSDI 2010. 
Available at:

   - pdf: 
http://cs-www.cs.yale.edu/homes/yry/projects/p4p/contracts_nsdi10.pdf
   - slides: http://www.usenix.org/events/nsdi10/tech/slides/piatek.pdf

+ Another important reference is: FlightPath: Obedience vs. Choice in 
Cooperative Services, available at:
http://userweb.cs.utexas.edu/users/lorenzo/papers/li08flightpath.pdf

As much as it is important to consider incentive (in particular, as it 
will be a part of the security requirements), it is important to 
understand the overheads and the range of mechanisms that a standard 
protocol such as PPSP might support.

Thanks.
Richard

On 7/1/2010 5:04 PM, Wenjun (Kevin) Zeng wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> ppsp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ppsp