Subject: [ppsp] New draft for PPSP

From: "Strandberg, Ove (NSN - FI/Espoo)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 00:43:51 +0300

Hi all,

Please consider submitted draft for PPSP WG:
draft-dannewitz-ppsp-secure-naming-00.txt.

Br,

+Ove

Filename:	 draft-dannewitz-ppsp-secure-naming
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Secure naming structure and p2p application interaction
Creation_date:	 2010-07-05
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
Many P2P applications use their own way to identify and address data
relying on host centric addressing, limiting the access to the same data
on potentially multiple locations for multiple P2P applications.
There are potential benefits in providing a generic way to identify and
address data so that multiple P2P systems can use the same data
regardless of data location.  The proposed secure naming structure
provides a potential way to address these challenges with a common
naming structure for all data and different needs.  The additional
feature of the proposal is securing the way data is addressed such that
the receiver has the possibility to verify that the correct data is
received.  The secure naming structure should be beneficial as potential
design principle in defining the two protocols identified as objectives
in the PPSP charter.  This document enumerates a number of design
considerations to impact the design and implementation of the
tracker-peer signaling and peer-peer streaming signaling protocols.

_________________________
Ove Strandberg
Nokia Siemens Networks
ove.strandberg(at)nsn.com
- Connecting NSN People -