Subject: [precis] review tickets done. call for volunteer to review

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:55:30 +0200

Hello,
  as discussed in the meeting today and also in the minutes, I browsed 
all the RFC referencing stringprep (RFC3454) from
http://www.arkko.com/tools/allstats/citations-rfc3454.html
and took the subset that makes sense of reviewing: i.e. those saying use 
stringprep or point to a stringprep profile or create a stringprep profile.
  I grouped some RFCs together in a single ticket when it makes sense to 
be done by the same person in the same review.
  For some RFCs, I opened a ticket and put some text in the ticket 
saying that this is not relevant to review and close them, so we have a 
trace of those who were "reviewed".

  The end result is 24 open tickets.
See: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/precis/trac/report/1
The list is copied below.

  While browsing the RFCs to create the tickets, I found that we only 
have one or two more stringprep profiles that were not registered in the 
IANA registry. Most RFCs in the list are actually referencing to 
stringprep profiles, such as SASLprep, LDAPprep. Which means while a lot 
of RFCs are referencing stringprep, in fact, we have a much less wide 
spectrum than one can think looking at the list of the referencing RFCs 
list. I put that info in the title of the ticket (i.e. uses SASLprep) so 
we have better visibility of the *prep used.

This is a call to volunteers to assign themselves a ticket. If you don't 
have a login in trac and want to be assigned, please contact me and I'll 
fill in the info in the ticket. (hint: some are pretty straightforward, 
so assign yourself fast...)

It would be great if each ticket is assigned to someone by the end of 
next week. When you are assigned, please put your findings/review in the 
ticket and then close the ticket when you think you are done.

Marc.

============
List of review open tickets
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/precis/trac/report/1

1  Review RFC3530 (NFSv4) and RFC5661 (NFSv4.1)
3  Review RFC3720 and RFC3722 (iSCSI)
5  Review RFC3748 (EAP)
6  Review RFC3920 (XMPP Core)
7  Review RFC3922 (XMPP to CPIM mapping)
8  Review RFC4011 (Policy-based MIB)
9  Review RFC4013 (SASLprep) and RFC4422(SASL)
10 Review RFC4279 (TLS)
11 Review RFC4314 (IMAP4 using SASLprep)
12 Review RFC4505 (anon SASL i.e. trace stringprep profile)
13 Review RFC4511 (LDAP) and RFC4513 (LDAP auth) and RFC4513(i18n prep)
14 Review RFC4616 (Plain SASL using SASLprep
16 Review RFC4643 (NNTP using SASLprep)
17 Review RFC4683 (PKIX subject identification using LDAPprep)
18 Review RFC4790 (Internet Application Protocol Collation Registry)
19 Review RFC4954 (SMTP Auth using SASLprep)
20 Review RFC5034 (POP3 Auth using SASLprep)
22 Review RFC5054 (TLS SRP using SASLprep)
23 Review RFC5122 (iri and uri in XMPP)
24 Review RFC5280 (PKIX CRL using LDAPprep)
25 Review RFC5456 (IAX using Nameprep)
26 Review RFC5802 (SASL SCRAM using SASLprep)
27 Review RFC5804 (Remote mng of Sieve using SASLprep)
21 Review RFC5051 (i;unicode-casemap Unicode Collation)

-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN news service: http://reeves.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca