Subject: [precis] draft-blanchet-precis-problem-statement-00.txt

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 17:50:54 -0400

Hello,
  I updated the draft-blanchet-newprep-problem-statement and changed it 
to precis wg. Still work in progress.

Regards, Marc.

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: I-D Action:draft-blanchet-precis-problem-statement-00.txt
Date : Mon,  5 Jul 2010 14:45:01 -0700 (PDT)
De : [email-masked]
Répondre à : [email-masked]
Pour : [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : Stringprep Revision Problem Statement
	Author(s)       : M. Blanchet
	Filename        : draft-blanchet-precis-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2010-07-05

Using Unicode codepoints in protocol strings requires preparation of
the string.  Internationalized Domain Names(idn) initial work defined
and used Stringprep and Nameprep.  Other protocols have defined
Stringprep profiles.  A new approach different from Stringprep/
Nameprep is used for a revision of IDN.  The Stringprep profiles need
to be updated or a replacement of Stringprep need to be designed.
This document summarizes the findings of the current usage of
Stringprep and identifies directions for a new Stringprep replacement
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-blanchet-precis-problem-statement-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.