Subject: [precis] Fwd: [xmpp] internationalization issues (was: Re: Agenda for the Interim Meeting)

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 19:03:19 -0700

This might be of interest to the PRECIS WG...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [xmpp] internationalization issues (was: Re: Agenda for the
Interim Meeting)
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 19:02:28 -0700
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

On 2/1/11 8:22 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> 
> On 2/1/11 8:11 AM, Ben Campbell wrote:
> 
>> -- Internationalization Issues: 120 minutes -- Peter
> 
> I've created slides for a tutorial on this topic, which I plan to
> present on Friday at the "hackfest". I need to tweak the slides today
> but will send them out before flying to Brussels tomorrow.

Because I don't like to use email as a file transfer method, I've
uploaded the slides here:

http://www.saint-andre.com/jabber/i18n-for-the-perplexed.pdf

The topic is complex, and folks could spend all their time between now
and Monday reading the references I've provided at the end of the slide
deck. Because I figure that very few people will do so, I've tried to
make the slides somewhat self-contained with regard to the major issues.

I intend to present these slides (or most of them) on Friday at the XMPP
"hackfest". I'll also put together a smaller set of more focused slides
for our decision-oriented discussion on Monday.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/