Subject: [precis] Temporary chair duties for -precis-framework

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:19:38 -0800

Greetings,

As you may know, -precis-framework went through a few revisions after 
IESG Evaluation. We now feel it's ready to go, but we will want to do 
another IETF-wide Last Call and IESG Evaluation, if for no other reason 
than to dot-'i's and cross-'t's.

Unfortunately, I have recently spoken to Yoneya-san, and his workload at 
his regular job is such that he is unable to do the final duties for the 
document, and so he has asked to step down as chair. I want to thank him 
for his excellent service to the WG and to the IETF.

But to complicate matters a bit for the framework document, since Marc 
is a document co-editor, he can't perform those duties either. Luckily, 
Alexey Melnikov has agreed to step in as interim chair for purposes of 
getting this document across the finish line. Given that he acted as 
document shepherd for the document, I have no worries that he'll be able 
to pick up the ball. I thank Alexey for taking on this role.

I hope the framework document will be Last Called tout de suite, and 
will be approved by the IESG on their 19 February telechat.

Thanks again to Yoneya-san and Alexey, and thank you all for your patience.

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478