Subject: Re: [precis] Test Vectors

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 12:05:32 -0600

On 4/17/16 11:04 AM, Sam Whited wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've begun working on an RFC to specify a set of test vectors for
> PRECIS (both for characters in the existing base classes and for
> several profiles).
>
> I think this idea has been mentioned on this list before, but was
> never added to the roadmap. Is this something the working group would
> be interested in adopting / adding to its agenda, or would it be
> preferable for me to publish these as an independant submission?
>
> Best,
> Sam

Hi Sam,

This sounds useful. Submitting it as an individual Internet-Draft 
(draft-whited-precis-test-vectors-00) is the best first step. That 
enables the working group to determine if the document is suitable for 
adoption as a working group item. I'd be happy to help you in your work 
on this document.

Peter

---

From: Sam Whited <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 21:04:07 -0500

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:
> (draft-whited-precis-test-vectors-00) is the best first step. That enables
> the working group to determine if the document is suitable for adoption as a
> working group item. I'd be happy to help you in your work on this document.

Thanks Peter,

I've started outlining a draft here:
http://samwhited.bitbucket.org/rfcs/draft-whited-precis-token.nroff

Best,
Sam

-- 
Sam Whited
pub 4096R/54083AE104EA7AD3
https://blog.samwhited.com

---

From: Florian Zeitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 19:08:55 +0200

> http://samwhited.bitbucket.org/rfcs/draft-whited-precis-token.nroff

I presume you meant to link
<http://samwhited.bitbucket.org/rfcs/draft-whited-precis-test-vectors-00.nroff>
or
<http://samwhited.bitbucket.org/rfcs/draft-whited-precis-test-vectors-00.txt>.

As an aside, I personally think programming language identifiers are
sufficiently covered by UAX # 31 <http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr31/>.
I'd expect any I-D in this direction to reference it and/or discuss it's
deficiencies.

Regards,
Florian Zeitz

---

From: Sam Whited <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 12:49:16 -0500

> <http://samwhited.bitbucket.org/rfcs/draft-whited-precis-test-vectors-00.txt>.

Oops, sorry about that, you're correct, of course.

> I'd expect any I-D in this direction to reference it and/or discuss it's

Thanks, I hadn't read that report. I'm not sure that particular draft
is something I'm going to continue with anyways; it was intended to be
an improvement on the current situation in Go (and hopefully useful by
other languages). If I ever pick it back up I'll make sure to take
that report into account. </offtopic>

Best,
Sam