Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> IEEE 1284.4 Patent License Online

From: Larry Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:30:38 -0800

Hello All,

Hewlett-Packard and Genoa Technology have generously agreed to make the MLC
patent license available on a free basis.  You can obtain a license online.
 Please go to "www.fapo.com/ieee1284.htm" and follow the IEEE Related
Standards link.  This will also give you the current information regarding
other 1284 related standards.

The 1284.4 draft is currently in the IEEE editing group.  They are working
to fast track this and expect approval by REVCOM later this month.  At that
point they will be ready to publish.  This is 3-6 months faster than we
expected.

On the 1284.3 front, the draft is finally edited and about ready to send to
the IEEE.  

Thanks,
Larry
***************************************************************
Larry A. Stein			Phone: (858)292-2742
Warp Nine Engineering		Fax: 	(858)292-8020 eFax (503) 905-7130
President				Web: 	http://www.fapo.com
***************************************************************