Subject: PMP> Comments on draft-ietf-printermib-mib-info-05.txt

From: Ron Bergman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:45:09 -0700

Gary,

Although the following items do not affect the technical
content of the MIB, they may result in a delay when the
document is reviewed by the IESG or the RFC editor.  I
would classify all as "nice to have" in the next draft.

1. You should add your name to the authors section and
   to the cover page.  Especially since you completed the
   final push to get the document completed!

2. The table of contents should be single spaced.  I checked
   several other documents and could not find any with other
   than a single spaced table of contents.

3. There references to the IPP specifications in chIPP(44),
   as indicated using square brackets.  The corresponding
   entries are not in the references section (section 10),
   but rather included at the end of this Textual
   Convention entry.  It would be best to move these to
   section 10.  One of the comments on the Job MIB was there
   was too much specification type information in the
   comments section of the MIB.  This TC entry has over 2
   pages of specification in the comments!

4. Some of the references in chIPP(44) do not have square
   brackets and should be changed.  For example, "see RFC
   2565/2566"  S/B  "see [RFC2565] and [RFC2566]".

5. RFCs are presently indicated in three different ways;
   RFC XXXX, RFCXXXX, and RFC-XXXX.  From the review of
   other documents, it appears that the format RFCXXXX is
   used as a pointer to the references section and otherwise
   the RFC XXXX is used.  Consistency is most important and
   presently that is missing.

6. This is the BIG one!  IETF standards require that the
   text that follows the lines with paragraph numbers be
   indented by three characters.  RFC 1759 was formatted
   per this requirement.  I am not sure if this is a task
   that the RFC Editor will assume or will he pass the
   document back to the WG Editor.  (Note that this does
   not affect the MIB body, but it still a major task.)
   We could submit as is and see if it is accepted.

 Ron Bergman
 Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions