Subject: PMP> Greets and a Question

From: "Aguilera, Patricio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:42:15 -0500

Hello everyone,

I signed up with the mailing list today at the recommendation of someone
responding to a question I had posted in the comp.protocols.snmp newsgroup.
That being said, here's my question:

I've got a quick question about the SubUnitStatus described in the Printer
MIB (RFC 1759) on page 24. Specifically, I'm trying to find out what the
difference between "Unavailable and OnRequest", "Unavailable because Broken"
and "Unknown".

I'm pretty sure I understand what "Unavailable because Broken" means, but
I'm just seeking some clarification because I'm not entirely certain where
"Unavailable and OnRequest" would be used.

-Thank you-

Patricio Aguilera

---

From: "Harry Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:24:40 -0700

This topic was discussed at the Jan PWG meeting. An example of where 
"Unavailable and OnRequest" is an appropriate status would be when the 
printer has received a print job that requests a media size which in not 
currently loaded. In this case, the printer implementation may flash a 
message on the opPanel indicating that the desired media should be loaded. 
Until such time as the new media has been configured and is available for 
printing, the printer could expose status "Unavailable and OnRequest". 

Hope this helps answer your question.
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM Printing Systems 
---------------------------------------------- 

"Aguilera, Patricio" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
01/24/2001 11:42 AM

        To:     "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
        cc: 
        Subject:        PMP> Greets and a Question

Hello everyone,

I signed up with the mailing list today at the recommendation of someone
responding to a question I had posted in the comp.protocols.snmp 
newsgroup.
That being said, here's my question:

I've got a quick question about the SubUnitStatus described in the Printer
MIB (RFC 1759) on page 24. Specifically, I'm trying to find out what the
difference between "Unavailable and OnRequest", "Unavailable because 
Broken"
and "Unknown".

-Thank you-

Patricio Aguilera