Subject: RE: PWG-ANNOUNCE> OpenPrinting WG is standardizing Linux Printing interfaces

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:06:28 -0700

Hi,

Tom's inscrutable syntax confused several people.

What he meant (and said opaquely) was that a number of PWG member
companies WERE participating in FSG printing standard activities,
but only Tom Hastings, Pete Zehler, and I were participating
AS INDIVIDUALS (not representing Xerox or High North, respectively).

Not a particularly important distinction, probably.  

Tom's syntax obscured the point that there is considerable overlap
currently (in companies, and in specific individuals representing
those companies).

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Sweet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 7:58 AM
To: Hastings, Tom N
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: PWG-ANNOUNCE> OpenPrinting WG is standardizing Linux
Printing interfaces

Hastings, Tom N wrote:
> ...
> There are a number of companies involved in the OpenPrinting WG that are
> also PWG members (Epson, HP, IBM, Sharp, and Xerox).  However, Ira
McDonald,
 > ...

FWIW, Easy Software Products is a PWG member and is also involved
with the OpenPrinting stuff (through me at present).

-- 
______________________________________________________________________
Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  [email-masked]
Printing Software for UNIX                       http://www.easysw.com

---

From: "Jay Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 14:22:57 -0400

So *that* is why I couldn't understand Tom's syntax!

He didn't include a formal BNF !!!    ;-)

Just kidding.   Good luck on this newest of endeavors, everyone.

    ...jay