Subject: PMP> RE: Printer MIB and Finisher MIB Update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:21:26 -0700

The new MIB documents are now available at:
 
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/> draft-ietf-printmib-mib-info-12.txt
    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-finishing-13.txt>
draft-ietf-printmib-finishing-13.txt
 
    Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Bergman, Ron 
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2002 2:09 PM
To: 'Wijnen, Bert (Bert)'; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; Ned Freed (E-mail); [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Subject: Printer MIB and Finisher MIB Update 

Bert and David,
 
I have updated both MIBs per your latest comments and the new drafts have
been submitted to the IETF Internet-Drafts site. They should be available
shortly.  In the interim, the documents are available on the PWG FTP site:
 
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-mib-info-12.txt
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-mib-info-12.txt> 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-finishing-
13.txt
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-printmib-finishing
-13.txt> 
 
The majority of the changes are not technical but per your suggestions
regarding requirements for the RFC editor.  The most significant change is
moving the CodedCharSet TC to IANA.  We have created this MIB and it is
being submitted to IANA.
 
We sincerely appreciate your support in reviewing this document and hope
that you can do a quick review of the final results and submit to the IESG
for last call.
 
Summary of the changes to the Printer MIB (-11 to -12)
 
1)  Removed Gary Gocek, Harry Lewis, and Randy Turner from the cover page
and 
    footers.  Move the listings for the above from the "Authors" to
"Significant 
    Contributors" and removed the company addresses to be consistent with
other 
    entries in appendix F.
2)  Added Steve Waldbusser to the "Significant Contributors" section.
3)  Section 2.2.13    "...description of each alert..."  
    was    "...description of each critical alert..."
4)  Corrected prtInputXXX names in first paragraph of Appendix B and C.
Also 
    revised this paragraph to reference the PWG Media Names specification
[30].
5)  Added a note to prtMarkerLifeCount concerning the need to be a
persistent value.
6)  Added chSMTP(45) to prtChannelTypeTC.  Added reference [29].
7)  Corrected reference to IANA Charset Registry.  (reference [4])
8)  Shortened name of Appendix B.
9)  Added reference to PWG Media Names specification [30] to
prtInputMediaName, 
    prtInputMediaType, and prtInputMediaColor.  Revised description and
added a 
    reference clause for prtInputMediaType, and prtInputMediaColor.
10) Added the copyright notice to first page.
11) Removed the references to the HR and Interfaces MIB from the Abstract.
12) Added section 1.5 and a reference to RFC 2119 in the Reference section.
13) Removed the CodedCharSet Textual Convention, replaced with an import of
the 
    CodedCharSet TC from IANA.
14) Section 2.2.1.1, 1st paragraph:  Added text that indicates the
CodedCharSet TC is 
    from the IANA Coded Character Set MIB.
15) Section 2.2.5, 1st paragraph:  Revised text to reference the Finisher
MIB.
16) Section 2.2.8:  Added a reference to RFC 1790 and revised the text for 
    clarification.
17) Section 2.2.9:  Added a reference to RFC 2863.
18) Split section 10 into sections 10 and 11 for Normative and Informative 
    References.  All references have been re-labeled per current IETF
practice.
19) Added new language enums 60 to 65 to prtInterpreterLangFamilyTC.
20) Updated the contact information in the MODULE-IDENTITY clause.

Summary of the changes to the Finisher MIB (-12 to -13)
 
1)  Moved second paragraph of the abstract to the Introduction section.
2)  Removed second paragraph of section 5.2.
3)  Added a size clause to finDeviceAssociatedMediaPaths and 
    finDeviceAssociatedOutputs.
4)  Split section 8 into sections 8 and 9 for Normative and Informative
References.  
    All references have been re-labeled per current IETF practice.
5)  Added Ira McDonald to the "Significant Contributors" section.

    For the PrintMIB Working Group,
    Ron Bergman