Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> URGENT - WASHINGTON D.C. MEETING CANCELED

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:25:27 -0700

Dear PWG Colleague,

The start of military action in Iraq, and heightened terrorist alert 
status in the U.S., has forced some of our member companies to change 
their travel policies, restricting travel. Although other company’s travel 
policies remain unchanged, travel at this time is viewed as tenuous by 
many of our regularly attending members. This has resulted in a 
substantial reduction in attendance for the Washington D.C. meeting from 
what was originally planned. 

In many cases, working group chairpersons, editors and key contributors 
have had to de-commit which has resulted in cancellation of entire working 
group meetings. The reduction in numbers and key personnel is disruptive 
enough to the agenda that the Printer Working Group, along with FSG and 
CIP4 have decided to cancel the meetings that were to be held at the 
Wyndham Washington D.C. on March 31-April 4, 2003.

To compensate for this sudden change in plans we will attempt the 
following

1. We will try to arrange phone bridges so that anticipated work efforts 
may still be accomplished via teleconference (WG chairs to coordinate with 
PWG chair and ISTO)
2. We will reschedule our July meeting to occur earlier (May/June) and 
likely in an easy access west coast U.S. location (ex. Seattle, San Jose 
etc.). 
3. We will attempt confluence of PWG, FSG and CIP4 such as would have 
occurred in D.C. if at all possible
4. We will rearrange our remaining 2003 venue by moving October from NYC 
to Provo (Novell hosting) and December from Provo to (likely) Vegas. 

Most airlines are handling travel cancelations at this time by allowing 
passengers to reschedule w/o penalty within a specific time frame (ex. 
with Frontier it is May 1) and complete travel by year end. Check with 
your airline. 

You are responsible for canceling your own hotel reservations!

For those of you who have registered with the ISTO for the D.C. meetings, 
your credit card will "NOT" be charged any fees by the IEEE for this 
meeting.  If you do see a charge please notify Ami Patel right away. 
Please see her contact information below:

Ami Patel
[email-masked]
Phone: +1 732 465 6477
Fax: +1 732 981 9473

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact 
either myself or Ami.

With Kindest Regards,

Harry Lewis
IBM
PWG Chairman
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM Printing Systems 
----------------------------------------------