Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Semantic Model Specification v0.90

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:03:22 -0400

All,
The v0.90 of the PWG Semantic Model has been posted on the PWG web site.   
The document is available at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/Semantic-Model/wd-sm10-20030820.pdf
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/Semantic-Model/wd-sm10-20030820.pdf> .
The changes from the last review are listed below.  The changes are
primarily clean-up and incorporating the final changes in the JobX,
Overrides and Document Object Specifications.
Any issues or comments on the v0.90 specification should be sent to
mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
We will set the schedule for the final review of this specification in the
SM teleconference scheduled for Thursday August 28.
Pete

Change Log:
8/20/03	PJZ	cross checked tables and figures
8/15/03	PJZ	Synched specification with [jobx], [override] and [doc-obj],
6/30/03	PJZ	Added Overrides
4/21/03	PJZ	Removed Tumble value from Sides
3/31/03	PJZ	Cleaned up Naming of Classes, Elements and Values (§ 4.1)
and IPP Mapping (§14).  Fixed case of element values in tables
3/26/03	PJZ	Updated with changes from Document Object Specification
3/21/03	PJZ	Added Character Repertoire
3/17/03	PJZ	Removed PSI specific actions, corrected list of excluded
elements in appendix B
3/16/03	TNH/PJZ	Updated with the Document Object specifications.  Added
CloseJob that PSI is using.  Renamed SendData to SendDocumentData to
indicate what data.  Prefixed JobId, JobPrinterUri, and JobUri Document
Description elements with Document, so no Document attributes have a Job
prefix.  Added the following Document Description elements:
DocumentContainerSummary, DocumentCreatorApplicationName,
DocumentCreatorApplicationVersion, DocumentCreatorOsName,
DocumentCreatorOsVersion, DocumentFormatDetected, DocumentFormatDeviceId,
DocumentFormatVersion, DocumentIdUri, DocumentMessage,
ElementNaturalLanguage.
1/29/03	PJZ	Incorporated comments from Face to Face preparing document
for Last Call.  Updated abstract, introdusction and terminology sections.
Added section to capture known semantic elements "waiting in the wings".
Sorted status strings alphabetically.  Added PSI specific actions and status
strings.  Corected Job & Doc state transition diagrams.

				Peter Zehler
				XEROX
				Xerox Innovation Group
				Email: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
				Voice:    (585) 265-8755
				FAX:      (585) 422-7961
				US Mail: Peter Zehler
				        Xerox Corp.
				        800 Phillips Rd.
				        M/S 128-25E
				        Webster NY, 14580-9701

				Peter Zehler
				XEROX
				Xerox Innovation Group
				Email: [email-masked]
				Voice:    (585) 265-8755
				FAX:      (585) 422-7961
				US Mail: Peter Zehler
				        Xerox Corp.
				        800 Phillips Rd.
				        M/S 128-25E
				        Webster NY, 14580-9701