Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> JobX Specification move to 'Pototype' maturity level

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:52:17 -0400

All,
Anyone objecting to changing the maturity level of this specification to
Prototype should send their objection to mailto:[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]>  
The latest document is available at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_JOBX/wd-ippjobx10-20030808.pdf
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_JOBX/wd-ippjobx10-20030808.pdf> .
The changes from the last version include one issues and some clean-up.
In "The Printer Working Group (PWG) Standard for Internet Printing Protocol
(IPP):Document Object" there was one issue and some updates required.  Below
is the summary.  See the specification for the details.
Pete

ISSUE : 
		The [rfc2911] Job Description attribute
"output-device-assigned" is single-valued even though the "output-device"
Job Template can be supplied at the Job, Document and page Override (i.e.
Sheet) level.  
Resolution:
		 Leave the Job Description attribute single-valued.  This
will prevent any interoperability problems with existing implementations.
It will also handle the majority of uses.  Add a single-valued
"output-device" Job Template attribute which MAY be supplied in a Document
Creation operation to give it Document scope and in the "overrides"
attribute to give it Sheet scope.. .  Implementations that allow the routing
of individual sheets should be capable of implementing "overrided" and
"-actuals".  Even if they don't support -actuals, the "overrides" Template
attribute will contain the requested output devices. 

Version 0.6, August 8, 2003:
1.	Changed "output-device-requested" to "output-device"
2.	Made "output-device" a Job Template attribute, instead of an
Operation attribute for the following two reasons: (1) so that it can be
used at the Sheet level in "overrides" to print a Sheet containing color
pages on a color printer while the other Sheets are printed on a black and
white printer and (2) so that the "output-device-actual" can be used to
indicate the actual device(s) used, since [rfc2911] "output-device-assigned"
is only single valued.
3.	Updated introduction
4.	Added xxx-supplied to Job Description & updated table 5
5.	"output-device-default" explicitly prohibited & split out into its
own section
6.	Added "output-device" multivalue issue/resolution. 
7.	Added overrides summary and scoping of new attributes 
8.	Added "-actual"s
9.	Added Section 8 "Override Scope of Attributes"
10.	Added "print-content-optimized
11.	Moved "server-too-many-*" error codes from Document Object spec to
here.

				Peter Zehler
				XEROX
				Xerox Innovation Group
				Email: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> 
				Voice:    (585) 265-8755
				FAX:      (585) 422-7961
				US Mail: Peter Zehler
				        Xerox Corp.
				        800 Phillips Rd.
				        M/S 128-25E
				        Webster NY, 14580-9701