Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Last Call for Character Repertoire documents

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:42:58 -0400

PWG folks,

I have posted these updated documents:

  -Working Draft: The Printer Working Group RepertoireSupported Element
(ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cr/wd/wd-crrs10-20030915.html)

  -Best Practices for use of the RepertoireSupported Element
(ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cr/wd/wd-crbp10-20030915.html)

These incorporate changes based on the Portland face-to-face.

In the Best Practices I have changed the term "basic repertoire" to
"well-known repertoire".  This has been the subject of long debate, and
that's the best I can come up with.  If you think another term is better
let us know.

My intention is to wrap these up.  Therefore, the plan is:

1.  Last Call for these documents begins today, and ends Wednesday, October
1
2.  At the NYC meeting (and on the reflector) we will discuss any issues
raised during Last Call
3.  Afterwards I will call for a formal vote to make the first document a
Candidate Standard;  how to bless the Best Practices is TBD.

Please send your comments on these documents to me or the CR reflector.

I plan that this will be the last face-to-face for this project.

  Thanks,
  Elliott

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elliott Bradshaw
Director, Software Engineering
Zoran Imaging Group (formerly Oak Technology Imaging Group)
781 638-7534