Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Status of XHTML-Print specifications

From: "BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:01:35 -0500

Hello,

The PWG specification XHTML-Print [1] and CSS Print Profile [2] are in the
W3C Technical Recommendation process [3] of the World Wide Web Consortium
(W3C) [4].

The current document states are:

XHTML-Print[5] is advancing to the Candidate Recommendation (CR) maturity
level [6] after the working group has formally addressed [7] all issues
raised during the Last Call Working Draft comment period. The purpose of the
CR level is to gain implementation experience, so a Call for Implementations
[8] will be issued when the document reaches CR. 

CSS Print Profile [9] will be published in the next month as a Last Call
Working Draft with an accompanying Last Call Announcement [10].  The review
period will last until January 31, 2004 and the expectation is for
advancement to CR status in March '04.

When the documents reach their respectively milestones, announcements will
be made by the W3C and echoed by me to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Jim Bigelow, 
Editor: XHTML-Print & CSS Print Profile
W3C HTML and CSS Working Groups
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-print/
http://www.w3.org/TR/css-print/
Hewlett-Packard
208-396-2068
[email-masked]  

[1] XHTML-Print, Printer Working Group Proposed Standard 5102.1,
    http://www.pwg.org/xhtml-print/HTML-Version/XHTML-Print.html 
[2] CSS Print Profile, Printer Working Group Proposed Standard 5102.2,
    http://www.pwg.org/xhtml-print/HTML-Version/CSS-Print.html 
[3] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/Process-20030618/tr.html#Reports
[4] http://www.w3.org
[5] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-print/
[6] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/Process-20030618/tr.html#maturity-levels
[7] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/Process-20030618/policies.html#formal-address
[8] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/Process-20030618/tr.html#cfi
[9] http://www.w3.org/TR/css-print/
[10] http://www.w3.org/2003/06/Process-20030618/tr.html#last-call