Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Dec 2003 and 2004 meeting schedules

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 10:47:07 -0800

Hi folks,                                    Wednesday (5 November 2003)

The complete minutes from the October 2003 New York City IEEE/ISTO PWG
Plenary (Wednesday) and Notification/Discovery BOF (Friday) are at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/minutes/pwg-0310.pdf

Below are quoted excerpts about schedules for upcoming IEEE/ISTO PWG
meetings.

Can FSG Open Printing project members attend any of these PWG meetings?

Please send your comments on locations and times soon.  On the PWG
reflector, please reply to [email-masked]' and NOT to the PWG Announce
list.  Thank you.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald

------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.1 Next Face to Face

The remaining PWG face-to-face meeting for 2003 is scheduled for the
week of December 1 at Provo, Utah, and is being hosted by Novell.  It
was agreed that, since this is the week following the Thanksgiving
weekend, meetings would start on Tuesday 2 December.  Eight participants
at the New York meeting indicated that they planned to attend the
December meeting.  However, since the October attendance itself was
light owing possibly to the cost of the New York meeting, it can be
assumed that the turnout for Provo will be somewhat higher than that.
Because Novell is providing the meeting room, the ISTO will not be
requiring registration for the meeting.  However, a query will be sent
out toward the middle of November to get an attendance count for
planning purposes.

The proposed schedule for the December meeting is:

    Monday (travel after Thanksgiving weekend) - no meetings
    Tuesday - WBMM
    Wednesday - Plenary / Semantic Model
    Thursday - PSI / IPP
    Friday - Notification / Discovery

------------------------------------------------------------------------
5.2 Proposed Schedule for 2004

The PWG has a good reputation for setting its meetings well in advance.
Indeed, it is written in the governing PWG Process document that the
schedule for the next year is to be published the preceding October.
The Chairman therefore proposed a tentative schedule.  One of the
subjects of the PWG steering committee help after the June meeting were
the considerations in location and timing of face-to-face meetings (see
next section).  The tentative schedule attempted to keep these
considerations in mind.  The Microsoft meetings are, of course,
dependent upon agreement with Microsoft.  The Vancouver and Montreal
meetings (unlikely to both be held) are predicated on cost effectiveness
of Canadian venues as well as the international venues.  The Wisconsin
meeting would be to allow attendance of Ira McDonald, a major
contributor to PWG efforts as well as to other standards and industry
groups.

    January - Florida, Las Vegas, or Microsoft
    March/April - Washington DC
    June - Vancouver BC or Microsoft
    August - Montreal
    Fall - Madison WI (Ira)
    December - San Diego

This schedule will need to be firmed up at the December meeting.
Comments both at that meeting and on the reflector are solicited.

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]