Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> RE: WIMS> ACTION Request: suggestions for mandatory MFP counters in Counter MIB proposal

From: "Farrell, Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:08:57 -0700

Pete,
 
I noticed that the .doc reference below points to a zero-size (i.e.,
empty) file.
 
lee

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Zehler, Peter
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 10:57 AM
To: PWG Announce ([email-masked])
Cc: Pwg WIMS ([email-masked])
Subject: WIMS> ACTION Request: suggestions for mandatory MFP counters in
Counter MIB proposal

All,

The work on the "PWG Standard for Multifunction Device Counters" is
nearing completion.  Before a standard MIB is coded we are looking for
the subset of counters to mandate in all implementations of the Counter
MIB or schema.  One of the goals of this work is to facilitate the
development of fleet management applications in a heterogeneous imaging
environment.  I need input from you to arrive at a manageable subset of
counters that meets the needs of fleet management applications and is
not to onerous for MFP vendors to implement.  Please send me your input
by close of business Friday October 29.  Send your comments to
<mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > or you can mail them to me
d irectly <mailto:[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
.

The current version of the specification is available on the PWG ftp
server at  

<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20040913.pdf
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20040913.pdf> >  or

<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20040913.doc
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20040913.doc> > 

Thanks,

Pete

					Peter Zehler
				XEROX
				Xerox Innovation Group
				Email: [email-masked]
				Voice:    (585) 265-8755
				FAX:      (585) 422-7961
				US Mail: Peter Zehler
				              Xerox Corp.
				              800 Phillips Rd.
				              M/S 128-25E
				              Webster NY, 14580-9701