Subject: PMP> Topics for Port Monitor MIB Meeting

From: "Bergman, Ron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 13:09:25 -0700

Hi Harry,

Since I am not able to attend the PWG meetings next week, here is my suggestions
for the Port Monitor MIB meeting agenda.

1. Review the agreed changes from the phone conference last week, which added two
new objects to the MIB.  The latest document, containing these changes is at:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/lcrc-pmpportmib10-20050404.pdf (.doc .mib)

2. Review the 3 new issues from Bert Wijnen in Ira's email dated 6 April 2005.  I
have briefly read the proposed changes and do not have any objection.  The proposal
does not add any new objects and should not affect any current implementations
(even though I suspect none exist).

3. Most Important!  Agree to a plan to either have an interoperability test or have
Microsoft provide a "self certification" utility.  I would certainly prefer the latter, but
there are definite advantages to a face-to-face test, even though it will be a major
pain.  A "self certification" utility, if selected, would allow vendors to test as quickly
as they are able to generate the code, and not require a postponement until a
critical mass is ready.

4. Any other issues deemed appropriate.

	Ron Bergman
	Ricoh Printing Systems America