Subject: PMP> Updated Port Monitor MIB (12 May 2005)

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 16:25:19 -0700

Hi folks,

MANY THANKS to Jerry Thrasher for doing all this MS Word editing.

Jerry's been after me recently to update the Port Monitor MIB, so
that we can do a final review period and prototyping can proceed.

Posted on the PWG FTP server in the PMP WG directories at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/lcrc-pmpportmib10-20050512.mib

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/lcrc-pmpportmib10-20050512.doc

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/lcrc-pmpportmib10-20050512.pdf

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/lcrc-pmpportmib10-20050512-rev.pdf

Summary of changes:

(1) Please see Last Call issues (PMP-3 through PMP-7) in Appendix C.

(2) Many of the body sections have been revised or rewritten for one
    or more of the PPM-1 through PPM-7 issues/resolutions (see the 
    redlines and bluelines in the '...rev.pdf' version).

(3) Several new body sections have been added, as needed.

After discussion at this past Thurday's PWG Steering Committee
telecon, we tentatively agreed that we will delay the Formal Vote
on the Port Monitor MIB until _after_ the interoperability tests
at the PWG face-to-face in July (hosted by Apple).  That way, we
can avoid two back-to-back Candidate Standard versions (on the
assumption that prototyping and interoperability testing probably
will find at least _one_ bug or the need for a clarification).

Craig Whittle (Sharp Labs America) has volunteered to be our 
interoperability testing editor and will coordinate the logistics
and availability of test tools with Microsoft and Apple (and any
other OS vendors who wish to contribute).

Many thanks to all the PWG members who have taken time to review
and improve the Port Monitor MIB.  Also special thanks to Bert
Wijnen (IETF Ops & Mgmt Area Director) for his excellent comments.

As of this LCRC release, there are no known outstanding issues.

Please send comments based on page and section numbers in the
'lcrc-pmpportmib10-20050512.pdf' version.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (co-editor)

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]