Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> DMTF / PWG alliance made public

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:40:10 -0600

As members of the Steering Committee are aware, we have been working on 
developing our alliance with the DMTF for some time. As Jerry Thrasher has 
already pointed out, this was publically announced today. 
http://www.dmtf.org/newsroom/releases/2005_06_14
We will begin to orchestrate this work effort at the July meeting in 
Cupertino (hosted by Apple). 
This will be a rewarding project in that it will further align a key 
segment of the industry with the standard management semantics derived 
from the Printer MIB and PWG Common Semantic Model. 
I ask that all parties interested in helping make this effort a success 
please send me a note indicating your desire to join the work group.

Congratulations to both the PWG and DMTF for establishing such a strategic 
alliance!
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems 
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337
----------------------------------------------