Subject: PMP> finisher mib integration into up3i

From: "Hirn, Andreas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:43:32 +0200

Hi Harry and Ira,

here another question concerning finisher mib integration into up3i.

Last time we decided, that finishing devices have to act as stand alone
devices. This means that they have to implement the printer mib additionally
to the finishing mib. 

The problem now is: The printer mib has mandatory tables which are not
present in some finishing devices. What should we do with these tables.

In the moment we think that the tables prtGeneralGroup,
prtMediaPathGroup,prtConsoleGroup, prtAlertTableGroup have to be present in
every finishing device.  

But not all finishers have the tables prtInputGroup, prtOutputGroup,
prtMarkerGroup, prtChannelGroup, prtInterpreterGroup.

We have some ideas what to do with these printer mib tables, which are not
present in the finishing devices, but they all have some disadvantages:

1.) The tables can be leaved out. 
    Disadvantage: Maybe not complient to the mib rules.
2.) A kind of dummy implementation could be provided.
    Disadvantage: Its not clear which values have to be used as dummies.

What do you think about the problem. Is there a good solution?

Best regards,
Andreas Hirn

_____________________________________

Andreas Hirn             
Software Development

Océ Printing Systems GmbH
Siemensallee 2 
85586 Poing, Germany
Direct Dial  +49-8121-72 4029
Direct Fax  +49-8121-72 31 73
mailto: [email-masked]
www.oce.com