Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Formal Vote announcement PWG Imaging System Counters V1.0

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:27:47 -0400

Greetings:

The PWG Standard for Imaging System Counters 1.0  from the WIMS WG of the
Printer Working Group has completed its Last Call process.

The Working Draft document is being submitted by the WIMS Working Group 
chair
for a Formal Approval vote by the PWG membership.

The Working Draft being submitted can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscount10-20050824.pdf

The list of comments that were addressed as part of the Last Call are 
located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/LastCallComments/CounterSpec_LC_Comment_Resolution_20050824.pdf

The voting period will open on Wednesday August 31, 2005 and close at 10PM
(Pacific Time) on Friday September 23, 2005.

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain.

Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote 
and a description of the changes required to turn the No vote to a Yes.

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to 
submit a vote.

To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line 
format:

"Counter Spec. 1.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of 
voter>-<yes/no/abstain>"

Example:  Counter Spec. 1.0 Formal Vote-Lexmark-thrasher-yes

No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email.

Please send your vote to the following email addresses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @):

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com
wamwagner"at"comcast"dot"net
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com

Note:
The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 2.0 
located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20.pdf

has now been adopted and contains new voting requirements.

Contact Info. for the Primary and Alternate representatives from PWG 
member companies will be provided to the working group chair in case
"reminder" notices are necessary to meet the voting requirements listed
in the process document.

Jerry Thrasher

PWG Secretary