Subject: PMP> Posted historic Imaging System MIB v0.20

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:29:52 -0800

Hi folks,                                       Friday (20 January 2006)

[for review by people interested in an MFP Alerts extension]

I just posted the second version of the Imaging System MIB prototype:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/mibs/imaging-system-mib-20040310.mib

This MIB was last updated in March 2004 and this second version was
never posted to the PWG site.

This second version added Alerts, a superset of the functionality in
the 'prtAlertTable' in the Printer MIB v1/v2.

This MIB also led directly to the Imaging System model in WIMS Protocol
and the set of WIMS schema.  At that time (March 2004), this MIB was
technically aligned with the work-in-progress Imaging System Counters
spec (recently approved as PWG 5106.1).

WARNING:  The authoritative set of PWG standard Services for an Imaging
System is defined in the Imaging System Counter spec and the WIMS Base
schema.  The authoritative set of PWG standard Subunits for an Imaging
System is defined in the WIMS Subunits schema.  This historic Imaging
System MIB is _not_ perfectly aligned with those later specifications.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]