Subject: PMP> prtChannelType proposal for WS-Print

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:17:48 -0500

All,

The 2 week review cycle (10/31/07 - 11/14/07) for this proposal has
ended.  The proposal below is based on the original proposal and all the
input received to date.  This proposal will be moved forward next week.
I just want to be sure that no further comments are pending Please send
any comments to the [email-masked] mail list by the end of this week.  If
you are not a member of that group you may send the comments directly to
me and I will make sure they get posted and processed.

In addition to the update to the prtChannelType below I am also
suggesting a best practice for the value of prtChannelProtocolVersion.
The value I am suggesting is 'Web Services on Devices - Print Service,
v1.0'.

Pete

Current proposal:

________________________________________________

chWSPrint(46), -- Not in RFC 3805

-- Web Services on Devices Printer (WS-Print),

-- (WS-Print 1.0 - see [WS-Print])

--

-- WS-Print Service URL

-- Keyword: ServiceURL

-- Syntax: URI (Unicode UTF-8 per

-- [RFC3986])

-- Status: Mandatory

-- Multiplicity: Multiple

-- Default: not applicable

-- Description: URL of this WS-Print Printer

-- within Internet naming scope. Unicode

-- UTF-8 [RFC3629] string with

-- hexadecimal escapes for any non-ASCII

-- characters (per [RFC3986]).

-- Conformance: A WS-Print Printer shall list

-- all URLs it 

--

-- WS-Print Web Services Target Namespace

-- Keyword: Namespace

-- Syntax: 'URI (Unicode UTF-8 per RFC 3986)

-- Status: Optional

-- Multiplicity: Multiple

-- Default: http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2006/08/wdp/print

-- Description: XML Namespace for the Service 

-- and associated print service model. Unicode

-- UTF-8 [RFC3629] string with

-- hexadecimal escapes for any non-ASCII

-- characters (per [RFC3986]).

-- Conformance: A WS-Print Printer shall list

-- all interoperable WS-Print namespaces it

-- supports.

--

--

--

[RFC3986] Berners-Lee, T., Fielding, R., and L. Masinter, "Uniform

Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax", RFC 3986,

January 2005.  (See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt) 

[RFC 4122] P. Leach, et al, "A Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) URN
Namespace," July 2005. (See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4122.txt)

[WS-Print] Microsoft Corporation, "Print Service Definition Version 1.0
For Web Services on Devices ", November 2006, (See
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/rally/wsdspecs.mspx)

[DEVPROF] - J. Schlimmer, et all,  "Devices Profile for Web Services",
February 2006.

(See http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2006/02/devprof/devicesprofile.pdf )   

________________________________________________

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

________________________________

From: Zehler, Peter 
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2007 8:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: prtChannelType proposal for WS-Print

All,

This note is being sent to [email-masked] in addition to the [email-masked] to
insure that all interested parties have a chance to comment on it during
its 2 week review cycle  (10/31/07 - 11/14/07).  The proposal below is
based on the original proposal and all the input received to date.
Please send any comments to the [email-masked] mail list.  If you are not a
member of that group you may send the comments directly to me and I will
make sure they get posted and processed.

In addition to the update to the prtChannelType below I am also
suggesting a best practice for the value of prtChannelProtocolVersion.
The value I am suggesting is 'Web Services on Devices - Print Service,
v1.0'.

Pete

Peter Zehler
XEROX
Xerox Research Center Webster
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
Xerox Corp.
800 Phillips Rd.
M/S 128-25E
Webster NY, 14580-9701 

Updated proposal:

________________________________________________

chWSPrint(46), -- Not in RFC 3805

-- Web Services on Devices Printer (WS-Print),

-- (WS-Print 1.0 - see [WS-Print])

--

-- WS-Print Service URL

-- Keyword: ServiceURL

-- Syntax: URI (Unicode UTF-8 per

-- [RFC3986])

-- Status: Mandatory

-- Multiplicity: Multiple

-- Default: not applicable

-- Description: URL of this WS-Print Printer

-- within Internet naming scope. Unicode

-- UTF-8 [RFC3629] string with

-- hexadecimal escapes for any non-ASCII

-- characters (per [RFC3986]).

-- Conformance: A WS-Print Printer shall list

-- all URLs it supports (one per Channel

-- entry). 

--

-- WS-Print Web Services Target Namespace

-- Keyword: Namespace

-- Syntax: 'URI (Unicode UTF-8 per RFC 3986)

-- Status: Optional

-- Multiplicity: Multiple

-- Default: http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2006/08/wdp/print

-- Description: XML Namespace for the Service 

-- and associated print service model. Unicode

-- UTF-8 [RFC3629] string with

-- hexadecimal escapes for any non-ASCII

-- characters (per [RFC3986]).

-- Conformance: A WS-Print Printer shall list

-- all interoperable WS-Print namespaces it

-- supports.

--

--

--

[RFC3986] Berners-Lee, T., Fielding, R., and L. Masinter, "Uniform

Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax", RFC 3986,

January 2005.  (See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt) 

[RFC 4122] P. Leach, et al, "A Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) URN
Namespace," July 2005. (See http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4122.txt)

[WS-Print] Microsoft Corporation, "Print Service Definition Version 1.0
For Web Services on Devices ", November 2006, (See
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/rally/wsdspecs.mspx)

[DEVPROF] - J. Schlimmer, et all,  "Devices Profile for Web Services",
February 2006.

(See http://specs.xmlsoap.org/ws/2006/02/devprof/devicesprofile.pdf )   

________________________________________________