Subject: Yokohama?

From: Daniel Manley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 17:49:42 -0400

So what's the scoop?  Are we anticipating having a meeting in Yokohama? 
 What's the timing on the feedback from the IESG?  Is it worth meeting 
for the recent draft releases?

Dan

Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

>Ed,
>
>The first draft of EPP-BEEP has been out for some time.  A better question
>relates to when it might be updated.
>
>At the Minneapolis meeting Hong mentioned that the original authors of the
>containers draft had decided to not pursue it further.  Have no editors been
>found, or have the original authors changed their minds?
>
>Has anyone stepped up to write an EPP-over-email I-D?
>
>I see little reason to meet in the absence of feedback from them IESG on the
>documents that have been through WG and IETF last calls, and the lack of
>activity on the other drafts.
>
>-Scott-
>
>  
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Ed Lewis [mailto:[email-masked]]
>>Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 3:18 PM
>>To: [email-masked]
>>Subject: Lack of activity in the group...
>>
>>
>>
>>Eyeing the IETF meeting in Yokohama, its about time to decide 
>>on whether
>>we should meet.  It would be good to have a meeting there to at least
>>bring EPP to the region, but there's no sense "forcing" a meeting.
>>
>>There's been a lack of activity in the group.  We have three
>>milestones to meet this month:
>> MAY 02 Second draft of Containers
>> MAY 02 First draft of EPP over BEEP
>> MAY 02 First draft of EPP over SMTP
>>
>>I'd like to hear WG comments on meeting/not meeting.
>>    
>>

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:59:31 -0400

At 5:49 PM -0400 6/5/02, Daniel Manley wrote:
>So what's the scoop?  Are we anticipating having a meeting in 
>Yokohama? What's >the timing on the feedback from the IESG?  Is it 
>worth meeting for the recent >draft releases?

My mind is changeable, but looks like there won't be a meeting 
scheduled.  The state is that 6 documents are in front of the IESG. 
There's no predicting when any of them will move, as 5 of them are 
waiting for referenced documents to advance.  We do have two 
refreshed documents and a volunteer for a third (which I need to dig 
up).

The two new documents haven't generated any discussion on the list. 
Without at least some activity on the list, there's no reason to have 
a meeting - because the list is what defines the WG, not the meeting.

So, unless there are some threads soon, there isn't justification to 
reserve a time slot.  And the agenda closes in about 2 weeks, if I'm 
not mistaken.  I won't mind putting in for a time slot - the sense of 
the list to date is that it isn't worth it.

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

---

From: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:22:19 -0700 (PDT)

Ed,

I totally agree that there is no need for a meeting in Yokohama. I'll
attempt to read the recent documents over the next.

-rick