Subject: RE: TCP Mapping

From: "Liu, Hong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:15:43 -0500

In short, the "P"-bit is not set for any message other than those
server-push data AFTER the session is established.

In order for both the server and the client to agree on using PUSH
extension, it has to be negotiated when setting up the EPP session.
Basically, the server in the <greeting> message announces its intent to use
the PUSH extension. The client, if it agrees to support PUSH, acknowledges
that in the <login> message. Both can be done by including a PUSH URI as an
<extURI> value within the <svcExtension> field. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2002 6:59 PM
To: Hollenbeck, Scott
Cc: 'Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine'; Liu, Hong;
[email-masked]'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: TCP Mapping 

I'm still trying to figure out what the P-bit is in the <greeting>.

I wouldn't expect the editors of the WG beep draft to pay any attention
to anything but the consensus of the WG, and I don't expect the WG to 
stuff signaling into the length field.