Subject: EPP implementations (what versions?)

From: "Jordyn A. Buchanan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:47:45 -0400

I'm curious to find out what versions of the EPP drafts various registries
have implemented.

We've implemented 06/04 for our ccTLD registry customers.  Has anyone else?
Are there any two registry operators implementing a single version of the
drafts?

Thanks,

Jordyn

---

From: Eric Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:29:09 -0400

06/04/02.

---

From: Daniel Manley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:48:55 -0400

You've implemented EPPs 06, 04 and 02, Eric? (assuming that's what your 
short cryptic response means)  For who?  Or are you saying that you've 
implemented EPP 06 with Domain/Contact/Host 04 and BEEP/Containers 02? 
 Again, for my own curiosity, for who?

Dan

---

From: Eric Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 19:55:17 -0400

Dan,

02 refers to transport (beep).

Eric

---

From: "Ram Mohan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 05:23:07 -0400

we're moving to 06 from 02

-ram

---

From: Patrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:05:00 +0200

> I'm curious to find out what versions of the EPP drafts various registries

AFAIK:
Afilias (.INFO) : 2
Neulevel (.BIZ) : 4
GNR     (.NAME) : 5

> We've implemented 06/04 for our ccTLD registry customers.  Has anyone else?

We are upgrading our software to handle new drafts (as used by GNR),
which means the same code interfaces with 3 Registries, with 3
distinct draft level. The application using this software does not
see any difference in the API.

This code will be made open source in a few days/weeks (as soon as we
start using it with GNR, to check that it is running correctly).

It is made of object-oriented Perl modules. The idea is close to the
one of DBI/DBD: being as much as possible independant from the
protocol (we have RRP and 3 version of EPP), the transport (only TLS
and soon TCP for now), and the Registry (its policies).

It will be available at http://open.gandi.net/

Sorry for the plug, but it may be of interest to others ;-)

When it will be available I will announce it there.

Patrick.

---

From: Joel Rowbottom <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:10:58 +0100

At 17:47 10/06/2002 -0400, Jordyn A. Buchanan wrote:

>have implemented. We've implemented 06/04 for our ccTLD registry 
>customers.  Has anyone else?

Yep, we have too. We haven't got users registering domain names "in anger" 
yet though.

--
  Joel Rowbottom, http://www.centralnic.com - CTO and self-confessed Unix geek
  <t> +44 (0)20 7751 9000   <f> +44 (0)20 7736 9253   <e> [email-masked]
  One good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when to cringe.
  # Note: Contents may not necessarily represent the opinions of CentralNic.

---

From: Eric Brunner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:40:28 -0400

> Yep, we have too. We haven't got users registering domain names "in anger" 

Thanks for the chuckle. "Anger" fits the trademark and speculator weenies
to a "T".

November has IETF-55 in Atlanta, and ICANN usually has a MdR meet in November,
so one, or both, are possible for attending implementors to interoperate on
their common 06/04, and any extensions that have two implementations (or are
ready for show and tell).

Eric

---

From: Patrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:13:10 +0200

> November has IETF-55 in Atlanta, and ICANN usually has a MdR meet in November,

FYI,
If nothing changes, there will be no MdR for ICANN this year.
Only Shanghaï in October.

Patrick.