Subject: a week later...

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:20:13 -0500

...and I'm already more that a week behind the mailing list.

What I want to address in the short term are the milestones for the 
group.  The way we've listed milestones in the past has been "not 
good enough."  I.e., our milestones should have something like 
"submit document A to the IESG for proposed standard."

The question I have is about the SOAP document.  In the face-to-face 
meeting there was interest from two people in implementing/supporting 
the effort.

The question: do other implementors want to discuss this document as 
part of the WG?

I'm not asking if it is worthy, or whether it is to be, for some 
version of the word, mandatory.  I just want to know if this is a 
topic that is worthwhile for the WG's effort.  (A good idea that is 
of interest to just one person does not need to involve a WG 
discussion.)

If the answer to the question is yes, then we'll have a milestone:
    <some date> Submit EPP mapping to SOAP to IESG for Proposed Standard

We can also declare it to be Experimental or just Informational too, 
the PS label is used for demonstration purposes only.

So, if you are interested in implementing a mapping to SOAP, please 
state your case.
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer